Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S

DC5r oem headunit and stacker jam/buzzing?

Hello! I tried searching and couldnt exactly find it and I hope this is the right section?

This is my radio-

Im from the US so bear with me here, I just got the oem dc5 factory radio with the optional 6 cd changer (stacker is what you all call it?) Well, it makes a buzzing and the lights go from red at 1 and move along to 6 and then it stops after awhile but it does it when i lock and unlock and start and stop the car. It says CD CHNG and sometimes an Err pops up.

I have an AUX converter in there so I can play the iPOD through it and its attached to the back, Ive disconnected the AUX and it still does it, so I think its the stacker itself, but Im not sure what..

The AUX function and radio still works, but I just thought to ask to see if there was any fix for this minor annoyance.

Has anyone experienced this? Is there a fix? Im not sure how to open it or if I can/should. I dont listen to CDs, just the iPod.. radio rarely, so it doesnt affect me too negatively, but I was just curious if anyone else had experienced this before as well!

Member Array
    Car:
    yokomo MR4TC-BD
    Have u read the radio/stereo manual included with your service manual/log books?

There must be a reset buttom.

Try googling it up.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by Emnesty View Post
    Have u read the radio/stereo manual included with your service manual/log books?

There must be a reset buttom.

Try googling it up.

hmm i didnt think of googling the part number, ill have to take a look, but here in the states we have a different radio than you guys so I dont have any of the manuals like that!

Member Array
    Car:
    yokomo MR4TC-BD
    Quote Originally Posted by RSlowX View Post
    hmm i didnt think of googling the part number, ill have to take a look, but here in the states we have a different radio than you guys so I dont have any of the manuals like that!
    Radio/incar stereos should be the same,

Voltage, power, etc

The only thing that differs are the frequency used for the radio AM/FM tuning from country to country.

But other than that should be the same.

Search up on how to reset the stereo. Most resets commonly fixes simple faults etc. Whereas others will require further component fixes.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    Ive got the radio working, AUX is working, seems that the CD stacker changer might just be broken, I might just open it up and see if theres a cd jammed in there or something, it sounds like its trying to change CDs and it just gives up. Ill have to look at it over the weekend and see if theres anything wrong with it!

Member Array
    Car:
    yokomo MR4TC-BD
    Quote Originally Posted by RSlowX View Post
    Ive got the radio working, AUX is working, seems that the CD stacker changer might just be broken, I might just open it up and see if theres a cd jammed in there or something, it sounds like its trying to change CDs and it just gives up. Ill have to look at it over the weekend and see if theres anything wrong with it!
    try unplugging the interface c-bus connector plug and then power up the HU then switch it off, then plug the c-bus plug back into the HU and power it up ..see if it resets etc.

check behind the CD changer unit for any reset buttons or shake it a little and hear if anything is rattling (with the unit switched off and unplugged from the stereo harness).