Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    I think he misinterpreted remote.

The thin remote wire connects from the head unit to the amp and sends an electrical signal to power on and off

Otherwise when you switch off stereo and car the amp would drain your battery

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    oh kool ty. so looks like i really am gonna need to pull the HU out for it to work.

Oh and just curious as to why my amp has a socket that looks like it accepts a plug simular to that style. any idea what that is? :S

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    oh kool ty. so looks like i really am gonna need to pull the HU out for it to work.

Oh and just curious as to why my amp has a socket that looks like it accepts a plug simular to that style. any idea what that is? :S
    Probably Speaker level input but without a pic i cant say for sure, some amps can take there input from your speakers if your headunit doesnt have rca's, can be wired up to a plug like that.
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    picture? might help explain a bit...

Edit: tbm's point makes sense

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    ahh ok ill upload one soon.

spent the night getting my HU out and back in. and i have the cables running down the passenger side of the car. now i just need to bring the power cable in.
    anyone have tips on getting the power through the firewall?

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    ahh ok ill upload one soon.

spent the night getting my HU out and back in. and i have the cables running down the passenger side of the car. now i just need to bring the power cable in.
    anyone have tips on getting the power through the firewall?
    find a rubber grommet on the firewall and poke the power cable through, dont have it connected to the battery(or you can remove the fuse) as it may spark and blow the fuse
    Last edited by TbM; 14-03-2012 at 03:35 AM. Reason: too tired

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    ok sweet. ill attach the power last. just wanna get all the cables connected to the amp/sub and then ill connect the battery.

whilst soldering last night i disconnected my battery as a safety measure. now my auto windows dont work LOL.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    ok sweet. ill attach the power last. just wanna get all the cables connected to the amp/sub and then ill connect the battery.

whilst soldering last night i disconnected my battery as a safety measure. now my auto windows dont work LOL.
    Yeh when you dissconnect the battery you have to relearn the auto function on the windows, IIRC you just hold the window button down till it reaches the bottem then keep holding for 5 seconds, reapeat for going up. so basicially wind it down and up but keep holding button for 5 sec(after the window stops) each way and it should relearn.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    thanks. also would the bolt that holds the Rear seat hinge to the body be a suitable ground?

the jazz back seats fold flat down and has hinges along the bottom to fix it to the body.

would that be a suited ground?

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    thanks. also would the bolt that holds the Rear seat hinge to the body be a suitable ground?

the jazz back seats fold flat down and has hinges along the bottom to fix it to the body.

would that be a suited ground?
    Yes that should be fine so long as the grounds on the chassis, my ground in the civic is in pretty much the same place, just make sure to sand the area where it contacts that way you get a good connection

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    yeh take some of the paint off aha. i got some pics should be up in a min.

how would i go about testing if its ground? touch a multi meter to the bolt and another to the + batt?

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2

They are thumbnails so click for bigger pic :P
    dont want to make slow loading.