Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    yeh take some of the paint off aha. i got some pics should be up in a min.

how would i go about testing if its ground? touch a multi meter to the bolt and another to the + batt?
    Any part of the chassis is a ground, you just want to find somewhere where you can attach straight to the chassis.

Looking at that pic it seems like you may be better off finding a different bolt if possible, it looks to me like the hinge is bolted to the chassis and you would only be able to put a ring terminal ontop unless im mistaken.

i prefer to connect directly to the chassis rather than on top of things, ill try and draw a pic to explain.

This is how it would be connect with that hinge, would have to go through the hinge instead of being connected straight to the chassis.

I prefer to do it like this

Hope that makes sense, i cant draw shit well in paint
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    nah i get it. in that case theres a seat belt mount abt further up maybe i can mount it under there.
    also how can i get the cable through the inside of the car to the enginge bay. i dont know where to look for a hole.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Do you mean through the firewall? Just find a grommet and use that, i usually try and find an unused one if possible as i usualy use thick cables.

i usually feed it from the engine bay to the cabin, i push about 10-30 cm through then go in the cabin and put my hand under the carpet in the footwell or up in the dash(depending on grommet location) to grab the cable then start pulling it through. Other way is to work out which grommet your going through then get in the cabin and feed it through that way.

Fyi grommets are those rubber things on your firewall, some have cables/wires going through them some dont.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    ahh ive never noticed any in mine LOL, ill take a look under the carpet in the footwell and find a the respective grommet from the outside n give it a shot.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2

thats the plug i was talking about by the way, i didnt notice the labels before as i was looking at it during the night.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    ahh ive never noticed any in mine LOL, ill take a look under the carpet in the footwell and find a the respective grommet from the outside n give it a shot.
    Notice from your other thread your having trouble locating a place in the firewall to run the power cable.
    Heres a link, if you search alot of this has been covered before.
    http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-g...-firewall.html

thats the plug i was talking about by the way, i didnt notice the labels before as i was looking at it during the night.
    Yeh hi level input is what i was refering to, i call it speaker level input, can use it if you dont have rca's on the headunit but i prefer to use rca's

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    sorry to hijack but what size speaker cables do i buy? 16 gauge?
    im glad you didnt put the sx lip AND that one on or itd be like yo dawg i herd you liek lips, so i put a lip on yo lip so you can lip while you lip

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by votek View Post
    sorry to hijack but what size speaker cables do i buy? 16 gauge?

Depends on the application, make a new thread and ask there, put up what your using it for, otherwise your asking a "how long is a piece of string question" no one can say unless you give more info.

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by TbM View Post

Depends on the application, make a new thread and ask there, put up what your using it for, otherwise your asking a "how long is a piece of string question" no one can say unless you give more info.
    trudat.. would rep this, but i just repped a previous post of yours D:

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    found one.

was rather out of the way. had to take of some trim to get in there then noticed these cables dissapear behind this white thing and looked on other side and thoguht 'win....'

now just need to ground it.
    none of the bolts in the back seem suitable for grounding. might have to be a lil more inventive.
    or get a bigger ring or something so i can get it under one of the hinges and have that push it to the chassis.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Good to hear you found way through the firewall, can be difficult on some cars,

Why not go under one of those, looks like you could fit a ring terminal under it, if you dont want to use that there are often bolts you can use where your hatch/boot closes(under the trim) but that would make the ground alot longer.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    yeh the seatbelt ones look best bet. thanks.
    just need to get a eyelet and crimp it to the end. i had enough power cable slack to make the ground cable which is fortunate.

also i need to get speaker cable what size for the subs?