Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    if the damage is minor say only a small dent in the cat then most likely theres no point taking it up cos waste of effort and time...prob take years of blaming before compensation thats if you do get compensated

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    when they were doing road works in town, there was a 2" sheer straight down drop into the bit they were eventually gonna fill, i nearly got stuck on it lol

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    so much for councils and construction workers tryna make the roads safer lol

I havent had a look due to uni... but 2morrw once i jack it up, ill go from there...

Ive read a few stories on other forums regards to similar situations and pot holes, it seems council will do anything to get away with it... so odds are those fighting might b fighting for a long time lol... which im not for it unless its major suspension damage or chassis as such

With the increase of melb road works.... i reckon things are only gonna get worse for motorist like us
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    so much for councils and construction workers tryna make the roads safer lol

I havent had a look due to uni... but 2morrw once i jack it up, ill go from there...

Ive read a few stories on other forums regards to similar situations and pot holes, it seems council will do anything to get away with it... so odds are those fighting might b fighting for a long time lol... which im not for it unless its major suspension damage or chassis as such

With the increase of melb road works.... i reckon things are only gonna get worse for motorist like us
    Buddy, you have a case.
    When doing roadworks the construction company for one must hold a VicRoads permit to do road construction, no permit allows VicRoads to apply a fine of up to $20,000 to the company. Also means any works being done on the road are being done so illegally without VicRoads consent to slow down traffic, possibly close lanes at times etc etc.
    Any incidient cause within the construction zone, please keep in mind, once they begin work and even after they knock off, if there signs are up, that is now a construction zone at all times.
    Duty of care now falls under the company doing the works on that segment of road. If you believe that they have failed the duty of care to provide a safe environment regardless of the nature of your car, you have every right to go after them.

Put it like this, im walking through the area at night, i step in the pot hole and break my leg... Signs are up, it's a construction site... That company is now in the shit big time.
    Same principles, if the section of road of where it 'dips down' caused you to create an accident, you have reason to sue that construction site.
    All construction that is taking place on the road must MUST be 40km/h. 60km/h is not safe enough for construction workers.

How do i know?
    Done road works, been there, now doing civil works, same concepts as we still do our minor share of road work.
    If you can find out the companies name mate, i can gladly help you with this matter.

Hope this helps.

Also which area did this occur?
    For reference, for those who think it's impossible.
    One our employees from work claimed a brand new Cooper S rim from a pothole in the Moreland City Council area.
    Last edited by WATAJK; 14-03-2012 at 05:25 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
    when they were doing road works in town, there was a 2" sheer straight down drop into the bit they were eventually gonna fill, i nearly got stuck on it lol
    must of been that sick camber in the rear you have lukey
    now that puts a new meaning to stance lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    Buddy, you have a case.
    When doing roadworks the construction company for one must hold a VicRoads permit to do road construction, no permit allows VicRoads to apply a fine of up to $20,000 to the company. Also means any works being done on the road are being done so illegally without VicRoads consent to slow down traffic, possibly close lanes at times etc etc.
    Any incidient cause within the construction zone, please keep in mind, once they begin work and even after they knock off, if there signs are up, that is now a construction zone at all times.
    Duty of care now falls under the company doing the works on that segment of road. If you believe that they have failed the duty of care to provide a safe environment regardless of the nature of your car, you have every right to go after them.

Put it like this, im walking through the area at night, i step in the pot hole and break my leg... Signs are up, it's a construction site... That company is now in the shit big time.
    Same principles, if the section of road of where it 'dips down' caused you to create an accident, you have reason to sue that construction site.
    All construction that is taking place on the road must MUST be 40km/h. 60km/h is not safe enough for construction workers.

How do i know?
    Done road works, been there, now doing civil works, same concepts as we still do our minor share of road work.
    If you can find out the companies name mate, i can gladly help you with this matter.

Hope this helps.

Also which area did this occur?
    For reference, for those who think it's impossible.
    One our employees from work claimed a brand new Cooper S rim from a pothole in the Moreland City Council area.
    Not saying its impossible but its a long process and sometimes not worth it for minor damage. but yeah gluck mugen_ctr if you pursuit them b@s7@rd5!!!