Member Array
    Car:
    your mum

Spoon Engine Torque Damper for b18c

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim: to reduce the movement of the engine when shifting gear. it was done on a EG b18c, so i assume it fits DC2 as well

Required: socket sets and Alans key
    Steps:

Step 1, Undo both end of the -ve cable to gain access, And one of the nuts next to it (I believe it is for the camber arm) on the chassic. (between the battery and the strut tower)

Step 2, place the black bracket and bolts it up with the camber nut and use the supplied bolt to bolt up the -ve cable to the chassic (see picture below, same as the Soon one)

Step 3, just bolt on to the back of the engine. there is a existing hole for it, no need to drill or anything.

and thats it.

[IMG][/IMG]

Review:
    To me, i dont really feel the difference, I have had this for 3 years now, and it starts to come loose. (the joint between the blue and the gold bit, it is jointed by treads, it came loose, so i glue it back on.)

i was watching the car on dyno, and i found that the engine moves a lot when the tuner let go of the gas.

IMO, it shoul be considered as a dress up item rather than a functional item.
    if you wanna stiffen up the engine, should go for something like Hasport engine mount.

let me know if you guys disagree with this.

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    Thanks for the review/feedback.
    I would expect it to (help) prevent the engine movement you describe so will not bother fitting one considering what they cost.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 GE8
    You do not feel a difference because you did not adjust the pre-load nut (gold portion) properly. If it came loose you should have tightened it to the max & not glued it.

I am using one on my B18C for the past few years & I'm very happy with it. It improves the on-off throttle response & gives consistent shifting feel. (Without changing to harder engine mounts or shifter bushings)

If you can get it cheap, it is a good alternative if you do not like the vibration & harshness associated with stiff polyurethane engine mounts.
    I SiR = Sport injection Racing

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    where you get this from
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900