• Mobil Synergy

1 1.64%
  • Other

5 8.20%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    No probs, you could probably use it for cleaning the fuel system every once in a while too.
    OHSC

Member Array
    Car:
    Land Barge
    Quote Originally Posted by Emnesty View Post
    Caltex BioFlex E85

85% Ethanol
    15% Petrol

But u need to get the car tuned for it.. But the power differences are definitely noticeable.

And its cheaper than your average 98ron
    I'm sorry what?!
    The fuel system required to run this fuel is HUGE! Not to mention your range is dropped by half. So while the fuel is cheaper, your consumption is nearly doubled. =\
    Econo Box pimping ain't easy.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Stick View Post
    anyone tried united 100?
    Used it on 6 fill up's on the DC5
    Notice a slight increase in KM's
    Free rev-range, close to BP Ultimate, but United seemed better.
    If i could always run 100Octaine From United, i would, just it's a fair hike to get it for me.
    By the way, it's the same price as what they 98 Octane at other servo's so why not.

Member Array
    Car:
    96 Integra
    same price eh... there is one on the way to my missus house so not too bad. i noticed in the west the 100 in united is popping up everywhere and even one with e85

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Quote Originally Posted by nigs View Post
    I'm sorry what?!
    The fuel system required to run this fuel is HUGE! Not to mention your range is dropped by half. So while the fuel is cheaper, your consumption is nearly doubled. =\
    No need to over exaggerate things - the requirement is higher than 98 fuel, but its not "HUGE" - this is all application dependant. Consumption is around 30% higher in most cases. I worked it out a while ago that although you are using more, the cost is still fairly close when comparing money spent/kilometers driven. Obviously the fuel system components will add to the total though...

The consumption comparison is always skewed because generally when going from 98 to E85 there are many more mods done to the engine combo, like forced induction, bigger cams, higher compression pistons. So unless you are simply changing from 98 to E85 and keeping the same set-up (relatively pointless unless its a high end set-up to start with) the general comment of saying that your consumption is doubled is fairly redundant...
    OHSC