Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    if not, just get a short shifter kit. theyre pretty crazy - my mate got one fitted to his ek, and gears basically click into place haha.

As for gearbox issue, inspect it first. see whether all the components are still running right and not wearing out. the last thing you want to have is a loud and worn out input shaft bearing or some other issues (crunching gears etc) after all the work's been done and the g/box is in.

Im running a b16 gearbox on a b18 atm, you really go through the gears quite quick, as opposed to the b18c2 gearbox with longer 2nd and 3rd gear ratios. Whether that's a good or bad thing is up to you; i didnt like the idea at first but as i drove the car more it's actually quite enjoyable lol. Also the short shift feel is there, but not as evident as in a vtir/itr gearbox. Not 100% shure but bludger could be right - it may just take some replacement parts like shifter bushings etc to get that short feel going
    team.gradeA

more smart. more safe. moreTEIN

the condition, not the type.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by impossi13le View Post
    if not, just get a short shifter kit. theyre pretty crazy - my mate got one fitted to his ek, and gears basically click into place haha.

As for gearbox issue, inspect it first. see whether all the components are still running right and not wearing out. the last thing you want to have is a loud and worn out input shaft bearing or some other issues (crunching gears etc) after all the work's been done and the g/box is in.

Im running a b16 gearbox on a b18 atm, you really go through the gears quite quick, as opposed to the b18c2 gearbox with longer 2nd and 3rd gear ratios. Whether that's a good or bad thing is up to you; i didnt like the idea at first but as i drove the car more it's actually quite enjoyable lol. Also the short shift feel is there, but not as evident as in a vtir/itr gearbox. Not 100% shure but bludger could be right - it may just take some replacement parts like shifter bushings etc to get that short feel going
    Thanks mate this is a lot more helpful ... Yep thats what I was expecting , generally speaking the dc2 box has the closer shift feel compared to b16. Thanks mate this helped
    _____ it dont matter if you win by an inch or a mile .... winning's winning _____

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by impossi13le View Post

yea, bludger is right. Things like worn selector and shifter bushes can make shifting crap.

Yes, you do through the gears faster with a b16a box because of the closer ratio's, but I had a b16a for ages and I personally found the gear ratios ideal for staying in the power band.

You can do your best to find a clean used gearbox, but its always a gamble. It could well be ****ed, and a rebuild will kill your wallet.
    Last edited by Mikecivic78; 16-03-2012 at 07:57 PM.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by DC28OY View Post
    Thanks mate this is a lot more helpful ... Yep thats what I was expecting , generally speaking the dc2 box has the closer shift feel compared to b16. Thanks mate this helped
    Ive driven both EK4/EM1 and DC2 and DC2 box does not have a better shift feel. Out of the factory they are much the same.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    ^ yup mike is right.

Depending on how well maintained and condition, the gearboxes should all be feel the same. After time the more a gearbox is thrashed it feels more lose and has play from left to right
    The shifter bushings and shifter rod play a tiny role in how the gearbox goes into the gears ive noticed.. Its more to do with the actual gearbock

well im pretty sure it does still have something to do with gearbox, dc2 box has the short shift feel compared to the b16 ..
    yes, it has something to do with the glove box, not type of glove box. Meaning condition.

you're comparing things with too many variables.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    yes, it has something to do with the glove box, not type of glove box. Meaning condition.

you're comparing things with too many variables.
    ahks i get u now buddy, hmm well im going to be using my same shift linkage so it should feel the same as right? i hope so lol ... thanks mate
    _____ it dont matter if you win by an inch or a mile .... winning's winning _____

ahks i get u now buddy, hmm well im going to be using my same shift linkage so it should feel the same as right? i hope so lol ... thanks mate
    Please clear your inbox, I can't reply to your PM

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMWheelImports View Post
    Please clear your inbox, I can't reply to your PM
    inbox cleared

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    excellent information here guise. I wouldn't settle on anything for a standard box besides a dc2r box. Nothing else is worth it.

~King Of Spam~