Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Xplodin View Post
    As Tony Said... Don't bother war Kings I've seen them sag the shit out of it meaning less life for your shockers. Eibach + Blistein. I got mine installed a while back and i absolutely love it... And its just about done 100K on the shocks and springs.

Before

Install

Install

After

The street was on a slope as well...

I can't remember but it wasn't a massive difference but i did read it somewhere just can't remember when.
    LOL

Jeff's house.

naice mun

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Quote Originally Posted by MingZai View Post
    Just wondering have you used them personally?

Not meant to be having a go at you haha just asking...

Because theres actually a few Euros on this forum that did or still run with their D2's
    As a plain fact, anytime i've had anything to do with D2 coilovers, its been when we are pulling them out of a car after they have failed, 12months is the most we've seen them last.
    OHSC

Quote Originally Posted by MingZai View Post
    Just wondering have you used them personally?

Not meant to be having a go at you haha just asking...

Because theres actually a few Euros on this forum that did or still run with their D2's
    All good man =) I should've elaborated in the first place, my bad XD

Had them on my EG, before had Koni Yellows & KG/MM Springs... The Koni Yellows & KG/MM walk all over them in any road condition. I wanted to give them a try, friend offered them for a crazy price unused and several OH members found them alright. I should've kept my old setup.

D2 no matter how anal I tried to adjust the dampers [I think it was Compression & Rebound were adjustable by a single knob? Or just Rebound can't remember] it was either floating/bouncing/rocking on softer settings or idiotic stiff on harder settings. I can take harsh but that was so bad, got rid of them after a few weeks and went onto Bilstein Shocks [Custom Spec'd] & Swift Springs, god they were nice. Yes they're not that free in height adjustment but honestly good selection of springs and shocks with the perches/circlip you won't need a threaded body to freely adjust your height. As for damper adjustment, unless they're quality products, you won't feel much difference say for a 30 step/click damper [1-8 9-17 18-26 27-30]. From memory my Koni's had 4 step? And my Bilstein iirc 5 step?, between every step you can feel a big difference and you'll find something just right for you.

Trust me, when you ride in the D2 equipped car then step out in jump into the Bilstein shock n springs like Xplodin's got. You will 95% of the time find the Bilstein/Eibach setup in this case will feel 'softer', rides better but handling will be even better because it doesn't scare you when you push, you maintain control over irregular surfaces etc. You don't need stiff spring rates to handle, just need the right ones with the right supporting parts

Use swaybars along with PU bushing to control and minimise body roll and increase the amount of communication through your steering wheel and your butt on the seat. Using hella stiff springs to 'increase' your handling is silly, all it does is makes the car more twitchy and harsh not to mention gives the shocks a hell of a workout to dampen it.
    Last edited by DreadAngel; 18-04-2012 at 12:07 PM.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Just thinking though, are the gaps in the front larger than those at the back? Just looking at Xplodin's pics, and the rear seems lower than the front even after lowering.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    All good man =) I should've elaborated in the first place, my bad XD

Had them on my EG, before had Koni Yellows & KG/MM Springs... The Koni Yellows & KG/MM walk all over them in any road condition. I wanted to give them a try, friend offered them for a crazy price unused and several OH members found them alright. I should've kept my old setup.

D2 no matter how anal I tried to adjust the dampers [I think it was Compression & Rebound were adjustable by a single knob? Or just Rebound can't remember] it was either floating/bouncing/rocking on softer settings or idiotic stiff on harder settings. I can take harsh but that was so bad, got rid of them after a few weeks and went onto Bilstein Shocks [Custom Spec'd] & Swift Springs, god they were nice. Yes they're not that free in height adjustment but honestly good selection of springs and shocks with the perches/circlip you won't need a threaded body to freely adjust your height. As for damper adjustment, unless they're quality products, you won't feel much difference say for a 30 step/click damper [1-8 9-17 18-26 27-30]. From memory my Koni's had 4 step? And my Bilstein iirc 5 step?, between every step you can feel a big difference and you'll find something just right for you.

Trust me, when you ride in the D2 equipped car then step out in jump into the Bilstein shock n springs like Xplodin's got. You will 95% of the time find the Bilstein/Eibach setup in this case will feel 'softer', rides better but handling will be even better because it doesn't scare you when you push, you maintain control over irregular surfaces etc. You don't need stiff spring rates to handle, just need the right ones with the right supporting parts

Use swaybars along with PU bushing to control and minimise body roll and increase the amount of communication through your steering wheel and your butt on the seat. Using hella stiff springs to 'increase' your handling is silly, all it does is makes the car more twitchy and harsh not to mention gives the shocks a hell of a workout to dampen it.
    As above.This man speaks the truth.Why would anyone put coilovers on a Euro??

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    Just thinking though, are the gaps in the front larger than those at the back? Just looking at Xplodin's pics, and the rear seems lower than the front even after lowering.
    It's an illusion.Wheel arches are lower on the rear than the front.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    kg/mm is jdm so when you use with koni of course it will be excellent.

You really cant compare with these d2 or other taiwan stuffs.

Not really the point I'm trying to make =P

I'm saying that you don't necessarily get better performance by simply getting low end coilovers, its actually better to get a nice shock and spring setup =)
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    If only more people would listen!
    OHSC

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by senna View Post
    If only more people would listen!
    mate....srs'ly.

I reckon I would get more street cred if i told my mates I got coilovers....

mate - "what did you get?"
    me - "spring & shock combo"
    mate - "are you srs? why didn't you get coilovers?"

namsayin?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Yup, street cred is where its at...
    OHSC

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    Not really the point I'm trying to make =P

I'm saying that you don't necessarily get better performance by simply getting low end coilovers, its actually better to get a nice shock and spring setup =)
    finally someone
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC