Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: K20a vs k20z

Member Array
    Car:
    60 EAD
    i doubt u could notice any difference between any, i couldnt tell the difference at all between a k20a and a k20a2
    FFamily

instagram - chumdab

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Quote Originally Posted by Mullensxxx View Post
    i doubt u could notice any difference between any, i couldnt tell the difference at all between a k20a and a k20a2
    Performancewise ?? or Looks

Your saying you didnt recognise a difference in a engine producing 147kw vs 160kw

Member Array
    Car:
    trotts
    Im with mullens, they were the same. Figures don't mean shit. Why did honda but the K20A into the type r if the k20Z and the K24 are both better then it. I think someone has been feeding you all crap. The K24 would be a better motor to build no doubt, but thats after you take all the good stuff off the K20A which is the oil pump and head. Which leaves you just a bottom end. So to me the K20A is the better option because if you want more power, buy a cheap K24 block which is cheaper then trying to source a heap of K20A parts. Also the standard K20A package is enough, it really is. Having said that, i didn't read any of this online, i learnt it first hand. Sooooo its probably best not to take anything i said as fact. Also I'm not trying to peddle wares so that there also says don't listen to me.
    BONUS ROUND
    There is still room on the bandwagon for you.

Member Array
    Car:
    60 EAD
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post

Your saying you didnt recognise a difference in a engine producing 147kw vs 160kw
    i mean sitting in the car and being taken for a drive/ driving

like bob, my opnions are formed from actual experience not what ive read on the internet
    Last edited by Mullensxxx; 24-03-2012 at 07:41 AM.
    FFamily

instagram - chumdab

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Those Butt dyno sure are quite accurate arent they?.

my experience is from noticing trends on the output of the motors AUDM DC5R, DC5S, EP3R when being run on the same dyno..

The dyno outputs compliment the factory claimed figures..

Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5
    I found the AUDM K20A2 was more powerful than the JDM K20A

This was a race tested on the drag strip with a AUDM K20A was in a full stripped out EF CRX and the JDM K20A was in a EP3R with a full sound sytem, 15" Sub woofer and 20" chrome rims

So I am certain these tests prove correct.

Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai View Post

This was a race tested on the drag strip with a AUDM K20A was in a full stripped out EF CRX and the JDM K20A was in a EP3R with a full sound sytem, 15" Sub woofer and 20" chrome rims

Couldn't you attribute this to the weight difference of the stripped EF to the street trim EP? Must be a good 200kg difference at least, or even 250+?

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai View Post

I see what you did there. well played sir

Member Array
    Car:
    EGG
    In a kswap car would these small differences, be even more minimalised due to the mandatory addition of kpro, headers and exhaust?

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Quote Originally Posted by CIV-18C View Post
    In a kswap car would these small differences, be even more minimalised due to the mandatory addition of kpro, headers and exhaust?
    Kpro Is not mandatory. I dont know about small differences but having higher compression and bigger camshafts is always going to be an advantage regardless
    of people claiming there butt dyno recorded a unnoticeable difference in power between the motors.

Quote Originally Posted by CIV-18C View Post
    Between the K20a2 and K20z1 are these differences noticeable?
    No, not noticeable.
    Consider this factor.
    K20Z1 puts out 154kw (Type S)
    K20A2 puts out 147kw. (Type R)
    7kw difference.
    DC5 Type R weighs 1160kg i believe? Feel free to correct me
    DC5 Type S Weighs 1230kg i believe also.

Hope this helps also.

Not noticeable to your average driver i'd say, nor any of us who drive one of these cars in my opinion
    If you want the full details, use the search engine provided on OzHonda and look up Type R Vs Type S, plenty of information there

Member Array
    Car:
    trotts
    I dont understand. They ask for a difference between the 2. I say i didn't notice a difference and that i thought they felt exactly the same. So because i think that they are the same because A i have driven both B i have raced both with the said front end swapped civic and i didn't notice a difference between the 2 platforms, that this makes me un qualified to comment on the situation? Where as you read on the internet that this motor puts out this much power so there for without a doubt you are correct. You also did dyne testing in which you figured car A produced this much power then car B produced this much. This was done on the same dyno as you stated. So if your car A made 400Hp and your Car B made 450hp then the car with the most HP will be the better one correct? A result that you are willing to base souly on figures? I will glady tighten the shit out of my seat belt as i believe experiencing something first hand is a better judge then just looking at numbers.
    BONUS ROUND
    There is still room on the bandwagon for you.