Member Array
    Car:
    HRV k24a

Integra GSI - issues (brisbane)

hey people, even though im new to this forum (ive only been in aus for 5 months) and still a current member of NZH in kiwi land, i have purchased a semi tidy integra (pictures below)

ive baught this car knowing that the oil light flashed on and off a couple times, then 10mins down the road it stalled at 40kph and slipped on the cambelt, the previous owner has attempted at fixing this by reseting the belt, trouble is there is no spark coming out of the dissy, im not 100% with engines but im planning on either replacing or rebuilding the current engine, but in the mean time i need to sort out why there is no spark,

is there anyone in brisbane(hopefully camp hill) area that has a spare td85u dist or a coil pack that i could maybe borrow to fault find and maybe purchase?

or hire someone with the payment of beers or something to help me with a engine swap sooner or later, i have all the know how with the swap etc, just the hoist and special tools like a ball joint splitter and a big screw driver to "pop" out the axles

can anyone lend a hand to try and lend a hand with getting this beast going?

if someone could help me it would be greatly appreciated, i wish i could post in the WTB section on here

1975 EB1 Civc 2 speed hondamatic
    WTB; chrome roof rack to suite^^

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    HRV k24a
    what a brilliant video, seems the issue atm is the coil, now to find out how bad the engine is!
    1975 EB1 Civc 2 speed hondamatic
    WTB; chrome roof rack to suite^^

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    i picked up a new coil from repco for about $60, that was thru work so a bit cheaper than retail. but oem bits are best,

you could try pulling the spark plugs out and peeping down into the cylinders to make sure theres no chunks of metal in there? otherwise pulling the rocker cover, then the head off would be your next option?

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.