Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries

Posting / Forum Etiquette

Just a quick reminder that all though this is 'the internet', that some eqiquette is required when posting.

There have been some complaints against users and it should be noted that we will no longer tolerate deliberate attacks or belittling of members. We want to promote a friendly and helpful atmosphere on the site and anyone who cannot conform with this requirement will be forced to leave.

Moderators are aware of this and will be issuing infractions as required (especially for those with a previous history; yes we keep track).
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    would there be an standard of some sort to set the benchmark?
    wouldn't want to have another vendetta due to someone getting offended with sarcasm.

although arguments are unavoidable, promoting a friendly and helpful atmosphere on the site is always good thing.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    People get offended about stuff they read on the internet?

http://i.imgur.com/xgcBF.gif
    apparently so, spread opinions as facts in technical section.
    got bombarded with sarcasm and members who demanded for facts got infracted.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    apparently so, spread opinions as facts in technical section.
    got bombarded with sarcasm and members who demanded for facts got infracted.
    Doesn't matter.

Ozhonda has turned commercial.

political correctness is what's important here.

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    yeah, i think there needs to be some boundaries outlined.
    i dont see an issue when sarcasm, when some posts/threads deserve a sarcastic reply.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Obviously some heated debate, sarcasm etc will arise on a big forum like this when we cover a lot of topics and some of our members are both old heads or total noobs. However you need to know where to draw the line. You can be helpful, constructive, and even critical without being rude and offensive, or ganging up on others. This is not normally a problem however there have lately been multiple complaints from various members regarding a select few, therefore we have decided to give both private and public warnings to ensure everybody feels welcome on OH and understands the viewpoint of the moderator team.

If you're mature at all then you should know where the line is drawn, you don't need the most amazing of moral compasses to figure that out. Just be nice!

Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Obviously some heated debate, sarcasm etc will arise on a big forum like this when we cover a lot of topics and some of our members are both old heads or total noobs. However you need to know where to draw the line. You can be helpful, constructive, and even critical without being rude and offensive, or ganging up on others. This is not normally a problem however there have lately been multiple complaints from various members regarding a select few, therefore we have decided to give both private and public warnings to ensure everybody feels welcome on OH and understands the viewpoint of the moderator team.

If you're mature at all then you should know where the line is drawn, you don't need the most amazing of moral compasses to figure that out. Just be nice!
    have you considered politics?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    would there be an standard of some sort to set the benchmark?
    wouldn't want to have another vendetta due to someone getting offended with sarcasm.

although arguments are unavoidable, promoting a friendly and helpful atmosphere on the site is always good thing.

The important points are outlined in OH's terms and conditions. As for figuring out how to conduct yourself by those points (or some grey areas) you should be able to manage that individually. It's not hard to show a little respect and it makes everybody else happy!

I've seen vendettas, and a number of members on this forum have either replicated or initiated the very behaviours that they themselves complained about previously. However there will be no vendetta from the moderator team - we will endeavour to treat each member fairly and objectively with an aim to uphold the values of the forum and promote community involvement and general happiness. Hopefully everybody can be apart of that

Enjoy yourselves!

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    I don't pick on individuals, I treat everyone with the same disrespect.

But if they post more than one stupid thing, or disinformation, and I respond to each one of these, then of course its going to come across as picking.

Go back and check out my posts. When someone shows they've done research, but still can't find info, or don't ask the question like a retard, I'll be help full and nice.

But when people ask an obvious question like "hurr durr how do I rear disc conversion" without showing any effort of searching, then they deserve to get served.

Its forum fcuking etiquette to look shit up before you ask questions.

I still want to know the answers to questions I have, but 10 mins of Googling, and I've found it.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I don't pick on individuals, I treat everyone with the same disrespect.

But if they post more than one stupid thing, or disinformation, and I respond to each one of these, then of course its going to come across as picking.

Go back and check out my posts. When someone shows they've done research, but still can't find info, or don't ask the question like a retard, I'll be help full and nice.

But when people ask an obvious question like "hurr durr how do I rear disc conversion" without showing any effort of searching, then they deserve to get served.

Its forum fcuking etiquette to look shit up before you ask questions.

I still want to know the answers to questions I have, but 10 mins of Googling, and I've found it.

Who ever said that you specifically were the issue? Personally I genuinely appreciate your input.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Nah that wasn't a direct response to you, I was just a general statement because I know there's a few people that think I take it too far
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    Nah that wasn't a direct response to you, I was just a general statement because I know there's a few people that think I take it too far
    lol no way
    keeps things entertaining