Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    JDM 87 Aerodeck
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    the jdm H22 would only be another 10kw maybe from factory most likely due to a small amount of extra compression and a better factory tune (from my understanding), but you need to make sure that the jap spec engine you're looking at is internally in very good condition otherwise it may only make the same amount of power as an audm version due to loss of kw from wear. which would make it kinda pointless haha.

however, if you're wanting 200KW ATW N/A you will probably need to swap out every part of the engine for really aggressive parts anyway so in that case having an audm or jdm version engine wont make a difference aside from being able to say your engine is JDM y0 :P

if 200KW is your target, have you considered boost? not saying it's the only way, but it's certainly easier to reach 200kw atw with a turbo setup.

what kind of price can your friend import your engine for?
    hm, you make it sound like I shouldn't even bother with the JDM spec unless money isn't an option. But, money is always tight these days. >.<
    You've changed my mind, I think I might go for the ADM and hope for the best.

I have considered boost, but I uhhh, I dunno. To boost a car that never came out with a turbo is illegal in SA, so it'd mean the car would be strictly for track. And I'd prefer to be able to run through the streets and still be able to use the car daily as legally as possible, but still turn out a great amount of power. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by viinnh View Post
    holy shit 25000K ?
    Yes sir! A lot of people keep saying that and I don't know why. 25000k is the colour temperature, not the brightness. They're still only 35W bulbs.

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    you must take a night shot of how it looks like !

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM 87 Aerodeck
    Quote Originally Posted by viinnh View Post
    you must take a night shot of how it looks like !
    I'll take one next time I'm out in the car.
    Although, the colour it's meant to be is purple (cause that's what colour 25000k is), but they're more white - light blue. -.o So the people I bought them from sent me another set. I'll take pictures of both and show you.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM 87 Aerodeck
    Got OEM brand new (still in the box + instructions) Stanley foglights from Indonesia the other week. Installed them today along with cleaning up my head unit wiring (when I installed, I just taped them together. I've now soldered a harness and cleaned it all up) and I installed a button to control my LEDs.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    Turbocharging isn't illegal in SA, just need to get it engineered and then Regency approved. If you go through the proper channels it's ok, just expensive.
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM 87 Aerodeck
    Quote Originally Posted by mooshie View Post
    Turbocharging isn't illegal in SA, just need to get it engineered and then Regency approved. If you go through the proper channels it's ok, just expensive.
    Oh? Somehow I got it in my head that it was illegal. >.< thanks for correction!

Member Array
    Car:
    Canon 5d
    lower lower !!!
    you're probably asleep right now but I love you and you're the most beautiful girl I met, inside and out. have a good nights sleep and I hope this puts a smile on your face when you wake up.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM 87 Aerodeck
    Quote Originally Posted by simmy View Post
    lower lower !!!
    2 months = coilovers and new wheels.
    Stay tuned for June.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM 87 Aerodeck
    Had these leftover from the CB7. Whacked them in today and they're great!

looking good anth! Might be worthy of a build thread if a lot more happens
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM 87 Aerodeck
    Quote Originally Posted by infurNOS View Post
    looking good anth! Might be worthy of a build thread if a lot more happens
    Gonna be a big month. I think worthiness will be an understatement by the end of July. >.<