Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    yokomo MR4TC-BD
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaGee View Post
    Then how come I see p players driving around with eg or el civics with b18's...
    Coz these guys u see dont giv a **** bout the laws..

They make their own laws...

Theyre too hardcore for me..

Member Array
    Car:
    Crx Del Sol
    I'm not sure about nsw, but up here in qld if you have owned the car since and the work/swap was done before (2003 I think) and it still falls under the power restrictions you can apply for an exemption. But only to and from work/uni (of whatever you "need" it for) but seriously wait till your off your p's then go nuts lol. In my experience p plates draw far too much attention, as they are trying to keep you alive. I can't remember how many times I've been pulled over and they've given my baby a good check over. So if their doing wrong they will get done.

What I'm saying is some guys may be rolling on bigger blocks on their provisionals. But as I see it they are realy missing out. Enjoy the car for what it is, till your off your p's then mod for a purpose, not to be 'cool'

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Actually, owning and knowing a couple of people with engine swapped hondas on my Ps. If the engine meets the ~15% capacity increase you can drive it no problems..

Also ...I have been driving my K20 swapped crx for 1 year now, been pulled over countless times, never once got booked ...to them its just a normal
    honda motor as long as it has the Honda sign on it lol... In saying this i now have my fulls so i am in the clear but i havent heard of any of my other P plater mates with K24, B20, swaps
    ever being done for driving a enginered engine swapped car.

Lmao...well wen registering the car I will have to put it under some1 that is full licenced bcs if I do unda my name dey clearly wud knw tht I'm in my P's nd doin an e.c[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaGee View Post
    Lmao...well wen registering the car I will have to put it under some1 that is full licenced bcs if I do unda my name dey clearly wud knw tht I'm in my P's nd doin an e.c
    OHSC

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    didn't I already the you to stop writing like a 14 year old girl?
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    I own an Engine
    While on my P's I was driving my H22A civic for awhile registered still with the D engine, I got pulled over a few times, not once has a cop given me hassle about it, they will see a honda engine and think all is normal, however you can get unlucky for example and get pulled up by a high way patrol who knows his shit and is on a mission to rid the streets of all P platers then you'll be ****ed.

Engineer signatory allows you to blue slip the car with the swapped engine which then allows you to go to the RTA and actually register the car with the engine.

If you do the swap and do not get it checked by an engineer and signed off then when it comes time to pink slip it you will not be able to pass the pink slip inspection until the engine is registered to that chassis (Unless you know a real dodgy guy who will pass it)

In terms of the legality on P plates, like I mentioned before you're only going to get screwed over if you get the wrong cop. You can still register the car in your name the RTA won't have a clue. However another thing to consider is insurance, if something happens to your car your insurance probably won't cover you if they find out you're on your P plates and driving a car that you technically shouldn't be.

Also **** me everyone in this thread just answer the guys question and stop bitching about his typing or telling him to google it. This is what forums are for to ask questions and to get help.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Just cough up the cash and do it properly
    part time potato

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Call your RTA and ask if you can drive it if it's engineered.

Then call mum and dad and tell them you need $10,000+ for a faster engine.

Then call your insurance company and ask if they will insure you to begin with, because you will need it.

Then call lawyer to arrange your will and funeral arrangements

Member Array
    Car:
    yokomo MR4TC-BD
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post

Then call your insurance company and ask if they will insure you to begin with, because you will need it.

absolutely spot on right here!!

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post

Top response!
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    New laws have come into place within NSW to do with engine upgrades,we have been fighting with the blueslip guys/engineers/RTA for the last 2 days once I get a email back from the RTA I will post up the details.
    The life of a 4 stroke engine
    It sucks it squeezes it bangs it blows