Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2010 Euro Lux

[CU2] Accord Euro model changes

Hi All,

Considering the option between an Accord Luxury V6 (2008) or an Accord Euro Luxury (2008 - 2009).
    Within both series have there been any significant changes / updates through the model cycle, or is purely cosemtic such as revised headlights etc?

Biggest thing though, I need to accomodate 3 baby seats in the back of either.
    Any experiences out there with 3 baby seats?

I have 2 compaq deluxe and 1 Hi Liner.

Happy to discuss...
    08/2010 Honda Accord Euro Luxury MY11 (Crystal Black Pearlescent)

Get the Grandpa Accord for the baby seats (not many owners on Ozhonda, a bit mature in their taste for our rice crowd).

The Euro may be a bit too tight, the Accord Euro gained wind down/up windows through the key in later models. Post-facelift has cosmetic changes and a new key fob with Bi-Xenons on the Luxury Navigation Variant.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2010 Euro Lux
    Cheers Mate! Any chance you could do me a favour?
    Would it be possible to measure the narrowest point in the rear seating area?

So basically from arm rest to arm rest, to allow for the fitment of 3 baby seats.
    As a guide my current 2010 VW Passat 125 TDI Highline Wagon measures 133cm from narrowest point to narrowest point.
    And I do fit the seats in this car, however I am also looking into the Honda also.

Thanks in advance!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2010 Euro Lux
    Ok so I went down to my friendly Honda Dealer today and took some measurements.
    I get around 1380mm on the Accord V6 Luxury and 1330 on the Accord Euro, which is more than I need.
    The Passat is 1333mm and 3 baby seats fit in it!

Only problem is with the Accord Euro the seats are more sculpted and sports orrientated and may not suit having the 3 seats side by side.
    The Accord on the other hand has more comfort (flat) seats.

Can anyone confirm if a 2008 model Accord Euro has the following items in the centre armrest;
    - Power Outlet 12v / USB / AUX

And also does a 2008 model have mp3 compatible 6 disc stacker???

Many Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    Only problem is with the Accord Euro the seats are more sculpted and sports orrientated and may not suit having the 3 seats side by side.
    The Accord on the other hand has more comfort (flat) seats.

Can anyone confirm if a 2008 model Accord Euro has the following items in the centre armrest;
    - Power Outlet 12v / USB / AUX

And also does a 2008 model have mp3 compatible 6 disc stacker???
    Sorry about that, I didn't check this thread yesterday but I definitely would have made the measurement for you and saved you that trip!

The 2008 Accord Euro (If still being the new shape-CU2) would have the power outlet (cigarette power outlet?) along with the AUX within the centre console, it would NOT have a USB input.

The Base/Luxury (not sure about LuxNavi) would have the 6 disc stacker found in the later models along with MP3 player compatibility.

EDIT: Also, when buying an earlier CU2 model make sure to listen for any pinging while driving - I think it was more prevalent when accelerating from stop?

EDIT2: Shameless biased plug being a CU2 owner but buy the Euro! There's no reason for you not too now that we got the issue of the baby seats not fitting out of the way. If you don't need the extra space in the normal Accord than the Accord Euro is a much better overall package. I see old people in the Accord Euro all the time and they still have that executive look about them in comparison to the Accord where it is a typical retiree/family car (serves your purpose though - the family part, not the retiree :l), even the ones done up aren't that nice in my opinion (I must admit, I quite like the modulo grille on them in comparison to the standard/chrome mugen ones).
    Last edited by I CU2; 11-03-2012 at 02:37 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Buy the Euro if the kids seats fit into it,as after your old Euro and Camry,you will LOVE it much better than a normal Accord.

And dont go for the VW,they suffer from horrable reliability.

What are the differences in ride comfort between the big Accord and the Euro? Spring rates, damper settings, etc. I think the Euro on 17" rims gets a bit hard and bouncy on bad roads, but the benefit is excellent handling and little roll on smooth roads.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux Nav
    Go the CU2 Euro if the seats fit!

...to allow for the fitment of 3 baby seats.
    You wont be able to fit 3 seats on CU2. its barely fit 2 (hence I change to 7 seater)

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2010 Euro Lux
    So I pick up a 09/2010 MY11 Honda Accord Euro Luxury with 7,000kms on the clock tomorrow!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Awesome,is it going to be replacing the older Euro,or the Camry ???

You are going to love it.

Which colour is it ???

so i pick up a 09/2010 my11 honda accord euro luxury with 7,000kms on the clock tomorrow!!!
    congratulations best.choice.ever.