Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by Winno View Post
    Doing it all myself.

Nice one, DIY = wynning. So much more satisfying knowing you did it yourself

Chuck some pics up when your done, would like too see how it turns out. Hope it goes well for you.
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by TbM View Post
    Nice one, DIY = wynning. So much more satisfying knowing you did it yourself

Chuck some pics up when your done, would like too see how it turns out. Hope it goes well for you.
    That it is... Gives you a nice warm fuzzy feeling inside when you get in and listen to it, when you installed it

And +1 on pics

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Odyssey
    I did start a new thread on the topic which has already been discussed (2009 RB3 Honda Odyssey Radio / Stereo Installation) which I have moved to continue over onto this thread.

Thanks TbM. The aerial on the vehicle is a glass mount one, no physical aerial to the external of the vehicle. if fitting an alternative head unit (i.e. xtrons TD696G) does the blue wire need to be connected to anything. I did read that it may get connected to the power amp (blue lead) of the aftermarket head unit. Do you know if this is correct.
    If anyone has any details on what the terminals are for it would be appreciated.

Also, do the steering wheel controls still work after fitting an aftermarket head unit?
    Does anyone know what wires and terminals are for the steering wheel controls and there function?

Member Array
    Car:
    MY10 Ody Lux
    The steering wheel controls will need an interface device such as one from PAC.
    Because I have a Clarion HX-D2 going into the car and because nothing on the market is compatable with it, I have to use the PAC-SWI which connected to the wheel controls and a small infra-red emmiter (same as in the IR remote control) to send the request to the head unit.
    This will be mounted in my middle mounted ceiling light console to fire at the head unit.

Depending on your head unit though, PAC (and possibly other brands) may have a unit that is simply plug and play.

I've yet to buy my paint, etc to finish the trim I've had made before posting up more pics.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Odyssey
    Hi,

I have attached so far what the wiring is for the radio / stereo connector to suit the 2009 Honda Odyssey Luxury RB3. There are four wires I am not sure what they are. Can I get some help if someone knows what they are?

Pin no.8 - Purple wire
    Pin no.12 - Brown wire
    Pin no.21 - Pink wire
    Pin no.22 - Yellow wire

I think at least two of the wires are for the steering wheel controls. These are the ones I am most interested in.

The unit I have purchased to go into the vehicle has three steering wheel control wires. 1 for ground and 2 for signal.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	09 Odyssey Luxury OE Radio Connector.jpg 
Views:	432 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	22328

Member Array
    Car:
    RB3
    I'm starting my own install as well, but I'm taking the easy way out and buying an adaptor harness...so I don't have to cut/splice/solder anything..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/260847538...84.m1423.l2649

HI Winno,
    Need a bit help how to pull the center dash off without do any damage to get to the two screws so the whole radio unit will come off( i got the top section off) Don't want to break anything.
    Thank you in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Winno View Post
    Hi everyone.

Does anyone know which wire here does what?

I'm about to pop my Clarion head unit into my Odyssey Lux (2010 model).

I need main 12V, Acc, Earth, and the illumination (dimmer for when the head lights are on) wires.

And because the aerial wire in the car is different to the older style coaxial plug, does anyone know which wire is which for the radio aerial (shield and inner signal wire)?

Thanks for the help guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY10 Ody Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Honda View Post
    Hi,

I have attached so far what the wiring is for the radio / stereo connector to suit the 2009 Honda Odyssey Luxury RB3. There are four wires I am not sure what they are. Can I get some help if someone knows what they are?

Pin no.8 - Purple wire
    Pin no.12 - Brown wire
    Pin no.21 - Pink wire
    Pin no.22 - Yellow wire

I think at least two of the wires are for the steering wheel controls. These are the ones I am most interested in.

The unit I have purchased to go into the vehicle has three steering wheel control wires. 1 for ground and 2 for signal.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	09 Odyssey Luxury OE Radio Connector.jpg 
Views:	432 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	22328
    Hi guys.
    I too need some assistance finding the audio control wire from the steering wheel controls. My IR adaptor (Pac SWI-X) says there's one wire besides the acc and earth but it doesn't tell me which one it is for my car.

Any ideas?

Philip's help on the illumination and acc, etc was spot on so I'm hoping to get this last little assistance from someone here if possible.

Cheers.

P.s. if9888, sorry for not replying sooner. Let me know if you still need help.
    Last edited by Winno; 29-10-2012 at 11:42 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    should be the small pink wire which corresponds to pin 21 in the diagram philip posted.

id double check with an ohm meter.

ive noticed the pac site doesnt have installation guides for odys above 2009, honda often uses the same connetor over multiple models so if you look at an accord ect from around 2010 they should use the same connector and you should be able to get wiring info from that. ie http://archive.pac-audio.com/swixpro...ehicles&ID=414
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

Member Array
    Car:
    MY10 Ody Lux
    Thanks TbM.
    Might have a crack at that.
    The PAC site doesn't list the JDM Ody at all as far as I know. Only the USD model.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY10 Ody Lux
    Ok, got the volume, tuner station search, cd track search and skip all working, but not the mode button.

I'll have a play around tomorrow with a resistor setting and if it all works, I'll post up how it's all done.

It was surprisingly easy in the end.

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey RB3
    Hey Winno, what was the trick?
    Digital is Only ON or OFF