Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux Nav
    Hard to believe they are fixing that.. I swear my old CL9 got written off for less..

Did your air bags go off?

How much was the quote to fix it? Did you rear-end someone??

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    98 Accord
    I feel for you.. My daughter has just pranged mine on monday.. its a 98 model..damage looks so similar.. I still don't know which way to go myself..As she is only on Ps the excess is friggin super high..8-(... Pity as only had the car since Feb..

Air bags didn't go off, I was turning right on a green light and the guy on my right was speeding down red light and smash into me

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    If you get to chose ypur repairer, you got 2 options. one is to take it to Honda themselves and get it done right with genuine part replacement only. tell them you want new parts on everything including foglights and headlights. can maker them just to make sure. be pedantic and charge the insurer more. or you could take ot a friendlier local trustworth repaier and ask if their willing to grab some custom parts for the repair with the money their getting from the insurer.

I wouldn't really know any local repairer that would get me custom parts, I'm planning to take into honda, but the guy was being a dick saying who you going to bring to? Honda? Where Honda going to fix it? That point I felt like Punching him on the face! >

Quote Originally Posted by Petest4 View Post
    I feel for you.. My daughter has just pranged mine on monday.. its a 98 model..damage looks so similar.. I still don't know which way to go myself..As she is only on Ps the excess is friggin super high..8-(... Pity as only had the car since Feb..
    Sorry to hear about that petest4, hopefully everything sorts out for you, and insurance would be generous enough to you

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Go around asking. Depends on your area though, I know in my area there's a lot of tuning shops. Well I call them tuning, it's more like their panel beaters who also specialize in ordering and fitting bodykits and co. Some repairers are willing, some aren't, so just ask. Who knows, considering the price of a genuine front bumper here, you could prob purchase a Euro R lip from overseas. It's a thought, although you've already got the Modulo kit on so your prob not too concern about it. Damn, and I wanted those rims, lolz.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    98 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by simonchau View Post
    Sorry to hear about that petest4, hopefully everything sorts out for you, and insurance would be generous enough to you
    Thanks for the kind words but unfortunately we only had third party fire and theft so the car will be a loss... She hit a au falcon so at least we are covered for that.. No one was hurt.. I'm waiting on an offer from the wreckers or try selling it for parts myself.. BTW airbags didn't go off on this one either..

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...eST4/front.jpg

Cheers Pete.
    Last edited by Petest4; 29-03-2012 at 04:25 PM. Reason: forgot something

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    @Petest4

Damn, that's some serious damage. Had it been comprehensive, def would have been written off. See how much the wreckers offer, as I don't think the parts would sell too easily.

Hey guys, I'm having a hard time dealing with my insurance about it, my car is sitting in there assesment centre, could I ask them to tow back home and get call the other party to deal with it? Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by simonchau View Post
    Hey guys, I'm having a hard time dealing with my insurance about it, my car is sitting in there assesment centre, could I ask them to tow back home and get call the other party to deal with it? Thanks
    Whats wrong? and whos the insurer?
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by natnat View Post
    i think yours should be a write off, push your insurance company if they insist a repair instead.

below was a repairable write off (before the new NSW rule came out), repair quote was $21k including all suspension / wheel / intake mods. i had it insured at agreed value of $29k. the market value for a similar car was $23k back then.

since then i always pay special attention to my agreed value amount in my comprehensive policy and would avoid market value.
    You know my car was link that 2 years ago, insurance got it repairered for less than $4k

Now it's back in the shop, gonna cost insurance another 3k for rectification work.

so... yeah.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars