Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    You know my car was link that 2 years ago, insurance got it repairered for less than $4k

Now it's back in the shop, gonna cost insurance another 3k for rectification work.

so... yeah.
    some of the items in the quote that i still remember:

front left headlight + ballast + D2S bulb = $2000
    Buddyclub coil $1700
    1 x new Enkei PF01 $750
    1 x new Conti CS2 $450
    plus plus plus...

total quoted repair + parts + paint = $21000

then they decided to write off and made a payout instead. they sold it in auction for around $13000.

Quote Originally Posted by simonchau View Post
    All good peetah, did aami give you choice of repairer or no?
    I don't think I had a choice of repairer. Tow truck driver just took it to the place it ended up getting repaired and they took care of the rest. Regret them ever touching my car. The guys there were so dodgy it's not funny. I took the car back to them the next day when one of the cabin lights didn't work but worked before the accident and they just stole one out of a red euro sport that was also in for repairs. The seat belt also locks too early, the badge was crooked, they ruined my boot lining when they cleaned, broke a rubber stopper on the boot and super glued it back on (only found this out when I changed the license plate lights lol). Numerous scratches on the interior trim, dirt marks, mismatched screws. Little things that just annoy me. Went a bit off topic there but yeah less than happy with the result. Only discovered these things after a few months as tbh I was just glad to have my euro back after driving the POS loaner A class Merc they gave.

So yeah a trip to the wreckers is in order, just haven't found the time to go yet.

Quote Originally Posted by antony View Post
    You must at least have it repaired by a HONDA APPROVED repairer,or by a Honda bodyshop.

I think it was not written off because the front airbags did not go off.
    Yeahs, I'm planning to go to a Honda approved repairer or Honda bodyshop but don't know any in Sydney.

Quote Originally Posted by peetah View Post
    I don't think I had a choice of repairer. Tow truck driver just took it to the place it ended up getting repaired and they took care of the rest. Regret them ever touching my car. The guys there were so dodgy it's not funny. I took the car back to them the next day when one of the cabin lights didn't work but worked before the accident and they just stole one out of a red euro sport that was also in for repairs. The seat belt also locks too early, the badge was crooked, they ruined my boot lining when they cleaned, broke a rubber stopper on the boot and super glued it back on (only found this out when I changed the license plate lights lol). Numerous scratches on the interior trim, dirt marks, mismatched screws. Little things that just annoy me. Went a bit off topic there but yeah less than happy with the result. Only discovered these things after a few months as tbh I was just glad to have my euro back after driving the POS loaner A class Merc they gave.

So yeah a trip to the wreckers is in order, just haven't found the time to go yet.
    Damn, that got to hurt, but I think you have the rights for choice of smash repairer

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Yeahs, I'm planning to go to a Honda approved repairer or Honda bodyshop but don't know any in Sydney.
    Scott's at Artarmon is a Honda dealer repairer. Don't know if I can recommend them though. It's very hard to recommend a body shop because the quality of the repair is highly dependent on the person who repairs your car.

Often convenience is the reason for choosing a smash repairer.

Prestige Auto Salon in Rydalmere seem good. I've heard a few good things about Currans. Quite a few smash places in Alexandria. Try a few places, meet and talk to the repairers.

Note that you have more say in the repair of your car because you are not at fault. Make sure you tell them it's a not at fault repair. They may also try to use refurbished or aftermarket parts because the car is older than 3 years and out of manufacturer's warranty (insurers aren't obliged to use new parts, only parts in condition that is comparable to the age and condition of the rest of the car), so ask them upfront if new or refurbished parts will be used. You might have to pay extra out of pocket if the insurer will only pay for refurbished parts, and you want new parts.

If chassis damage is detected, you should double check with the insurer about writing it off.

You should also be provided with a courtesy car at the other party's expense.

- HZ

Well apparently It's been inspected by my insurer and they say it could be repaired, but the front bar is damaged, so Im going to try call the other party to get it checked out on, would that work?

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Well apparently It's been inspected by my insurer and they say it could be repaired, but the front bar is damaged, so Im going to try call the other party to get it checked out on, would that work?
    The other party is insured? Deal with your insurer and chosen repairer, let your insurer deal with the other party, that's what you pay them for.

- HZ
    Last edited by HunterZero; 30-03-2012 at 05:25 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    As HZ said. You pay for comprehensive so that you don't have to deal with the other party. Or do you mean you want a separate inspector to come check it? If that's the case, you're going to need the insurance companies approval in the end anyway. It's best have them send another inspector over.

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Quote Originally Posted by chauster View Post
    Thats if for warranty proposes. If not that i dunno wtf you're saying byuddy
    Not for warranty purposes,for a good repair on the car,so that it will be as good,if not better than before the accident .
    I personally would insist on that,not that difficuilt to understand chauster.
    Last edited by antony; 31-03-2012 at 08:01 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by antony View Post
    Not for warranty purposes,for a good repair on the car,so that it will be as good,if not better than before the accident .
    I personally would insist on that,not that difficuilt to understand chauster.

Ive got experiences with "BMW Approved" and "LAND ROVER Approved" repairers....

They are like "honda dealers" when it comes to servicing, it's a marketing ploy.

Theres no real difference between them and any other panel beater, the only differences are:
    *Manufacturer checks to make sure the workshop isnt completely shoddy
    *A day course and a factory-approved/geniune workshop manual
    * internet/disk access to Honda Part number's

and shebang, you're a "Factory approved" repairer......
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    I'm not sure if the Honda Repairer at Astoria Honda is an "approved" or an actual Honda repairer. They seem to work only on Hondas anyway, and are based in the dealership service and parts area. Would assume there would be one in NSW that's similar. I recommended them, because for a bump in the door, the amount they wanted to charge me (8k worth! for a bump in the rear passenger door) because they were insistent on replacing everything, and repainting the panels that weren't involved but surrounding the door. Saw their work though, it was clearly up to standard. But the main reason I recommended them was that they charged an arm and a leg, just to screw the insurance company over. I reckon they would charge 30k on OP's car if they saw it. Make them think twice about not writing it off.

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Funnily enough I insisted that Astoria Honda repair my car,and their work was exceptional.

Its coincidental that I bought my Euro from them,and service it there,and convenient as its 5 minutes away from home...