Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro

CL9 - How to remove centre consol/handbrake

Hey all,

I just ordered a leather gaitor for my hand brake and I think I will have to remove the centre console to install it. Has anyone ever removed the handbrake part of the centre console? It looks like a seperate piece that will just pop out but I tried lifting it and it doesn't feel like it will come off without breaking something. Maybe the gear selector piece needs to be removed first? Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2047

^^that might help.

Our Euro uses USDM normal accord interior.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro
    Thanks for that. Looks like I'll just have to yank it off, I hope I don't break anything.

Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak
    ive carbonfibre wrapped my whole centreconsole from pop up pocket to the drinks holder. its fairly straight foward, all you really got to do is make sure your shift surrounding is off before u yank it off. a nice firm yank will make u feel bau5 when u do it haha

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapdouchebag View Post
    ive carbonfibre wrapped my whole centreconsole from pop up pocket to the drinks holder. its fairly straight foward, all you really got to do is make sure your shift surrounding is off before u yank it off. a nice firm yank will make u feel bau5 when u do it haha
    Thanks mate, I'm just a bit worried because I've had bad experiences with plastic clips.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    If you snap it you might as well CF coat the thing lol...
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak
    i find the most flimsy part of that whole arrangemet is the gear stick surrounding, everywhere else is fairly thick not easy to go snap with and comes out like a champ.

how'd you go anyways man?

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro
    I haven't received my handbrake gaitor yet, I got a bit ahead of myself. Hopefully it comes this week. I hate the feel of the cheap plastic handbrake.

Member Array
    Car:
    07' CL9 Lux 5AT
    Where did you get the gaitor from?

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro
    Ebay UK:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ws/eBayIS...E:L:OU:AU:1123

Looks pretty decent. I'll let you know if it's any good.

Member Array
    Car:
    07' CL9 Lux 5AT
    Thanks for the link mate - I think I may have actually ordered a set of shift/handbrake boots from this mob for my previous car years ago, and was pretty happy with the results back then.

Please do let us know if its good!

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro
    I cracked the cup holder section of the console and a clip mount on the gear surround broke off ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!! I super glued the clip mount back on and it seems to be ok, but there's a 2-3 cm crack on the cup holder part and being so anal I'm so upset! The handbrake gaitor is ok but that crack gahhhhhhhhhhh! Is anybody selling this part? I will try wreckers but it's Easter long weekend :@