Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    1990 Civic ED6
    Quote Originally Posted by TbM View Post
    stinger is fine i use them in my current setup. You will also need an anl fuse and holder if you dont already have a fuse.
    only need an in line fuse on the battery end correct? And the amp has the built in fuses (x4 25)

most wiring kits seem to come with 150w in line, is that around the right size?

And also, in some of the wiring kits they mention like gold plated distribution blocks and those kind of things, are they needed/what do they do?

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Sound deadening the doors isnt just for nice systems it makes any speaker sound better, you dont have to do the whole car just do some of the outer-skin inside the door with dynamat and cover the service holes with mdf to create an enclosure. give you alot better sound IMO. Think the door kits of dynamat are pretty cheap on ebay.

If your happy with how the sony's sound then thats great, main thing is to find speakers that you like listining to.

Yes the anl fuse goes near the battery, fuses are usually rated in amps are you sure its not 150A?

Distro blocks help if you are using multiple amps, you can run a high gauge cable though the cabin to a distro block then run smaller gauge cable to multiple amps.
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 Civic ED6
    Sound deadening the doors isnt just for nice systems it makes any speaker sound better, you dont have to do the whole car just do some of the outer-skin inside the door with dynamat and cover the service holes with mdf to create an enclosure. give you alot better sound IMO. Think the door kits of dynamat are pretty cheap on ebay.

If your happy with how the sony's sound then thats great, main thing is to find speakers that you like listining to.

Yes the anl fuse goes near the battery, fuses are usually rated in amps are you sure its not 150A?

Distro blocks help if you are using multiple amps, you can run a high gauge cable though the cabin to a distro block then run smaller gauge cable to multiple amps.
    oh ok, sorry did mean 150A, so used to talking watts with car audio haha. So if I was to get a 2 way amp, then I would run 2ga wire to a ditro block, then 4ga wire out to each amp from the block?

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...s_HFi1002.aspx This seems like a pretty decent amp, I know hifonics doesn't have the most reliable reputation, but 100w rms each channel seems like an excellent price.

EDIT: The only name brand ANL inline fuse i can find is a narva 150A one for $38, dont really want a cheap imported one from ebay as I want it to work if I need it! :P

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    that amp worries me... the picture has 6 plugs... generally a 2 channel amp would have 2, 4 at most... 2 for input 2 for output.. so 6 is a bit curious. Anyone else know?

As for your wiring thing, 2awg into the dist block, then 4awg out should be perfect.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Morel maximos may be a good option, i think they are about 200-250 for a set IIRC
    Heres a link to morel dealers in QLD if your interested in listening to some, http://www.rmaudio.com.au/html/qld_mc.htm

150 amp should be fine so long as the second amp you get doesnt draw much power. I dunno what you mean by 2 way amp but if you had 2 amps then yes thats how i would hook it up.

I cant comment on the hifonics as ive never heard of them, trism has offered to sell you a cheap 2 ch amp so maybe hit him up and see what its specs are.

Stinger and other brands make anl holders but you have to buy the fuse sepratly IIRC, its easy to pick them up from the local audio store.

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 Civic ED6
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifter995 View Post
    that amp worries me... the picture has 6 plugs... generally a 2 channel amp would have 2, 4 at most... 2 for input 2 for output.. so 6 is a bit curious. Anyone else know?

As for your wiring thing, 2awg into the dist block, then 4awg out should be perfect.
    http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...HFi-100.2.html Thats same amp, just on a diff site. So onlinecarstereo must just use that same picture on all their hifi range of amps. So to wire up a car properly so it can handle a full high end system ends up costing a fair bit in the end.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by 90civicGL View Post
    So to wire up a car properly so it can handle a full high end system ends up costing a fair bit in the end.
    Yep

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    It's an expensive hobby, but it's a fun one.

as for that hifonics amp, it looks completely different to the one listed on onlinecarstereo... I wouldn't get the one from onlinecarstereo then... far too cheap, and the picture isn't the actual amp as far as I can tell.

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 Civic ED6
    So with my sub box, ive got x2 banana plugs. A positive and negative terminal on each side of the box, 1 for each sub. So I assume I have to connect the 2 subs together before running to the amp, so how would i go about doing this? Cause cant i only plug one lot of banana plugs in?

So if I plugged in one sub to the other sub, then there would be no where to plug in the amp. So is there some kind of special plug I get or how do I go about it?

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by 90civicGL View Post
    So with my sub box, ive got x2 banana plugs. A positive and negative terminal on each side of the box, 1 for each sub. So I assume I have to connect the 2 subs together before running to the amp, so how would i go about doing this? Cause cant i only plug one lot of banana plugs in?

So if I plugged in one sub to the other sub, then there would be no where to plug in the amp. So is there some kind of special plug I get or how do I go about it?
    If the coils on the subs are wired in series then you have to paralell the "bannan plugs" to the amp. ill draw some pics in paint and upload so you know what i mean, beware my paint skills are sub par so you have to use your imagination lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Like this

Or this

Hope they make sense ill redraw if you dont understand

EDIT: lol i just reliased i spelt banana plug plug wrong in paint lol, damn i fail at spelling/typing
    Last edited by TbM; 28-03-2012 at 09:18 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 Civic ED6
    Like this

Or this

Hope they make sense ill redraw if you dont understand

EDIT: lol i just reliased i spelt banana plug plug wrong in paint lol, damn i fail at spelling/typing
    hahaha, all is well. So if I went with diagram 1, how would i go about connecting the 4 wires to one plug?

EDIT: The 2 wires to each plug i guess it would be, but isnt a banana plug just like a jack, and only one can fit in?