Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

NA motor keeping up with turbo

i have an ek4 b16a.

and my mate has a stock my03 wrx

now iv been told that it is possible to work an NA vtech motor so it can keep up with a stock wrx.

now i wanna know what needs to be done to the NA motor so one can represent.

Quote Originally Posted by maraban View Post
    i have an ek4 b16a.

and my mate has a stock my03 wrx

now iv been told that it is possible to work an NA vtech motor so it can keep up with a stock wrx.

now i wanna know what needs to be done to the NA motor so one can represent.
    Pour lots of money into your motor. Strip your car so its lighter. BTW its vtec.
    It really depends on how much money you have to play with, and also don't forget driver skill. I'm sure if you came up against a crap driver in a wrx you could beat him.

Do a search on the tech threads for na mods, or frankenstein set ups etc.
    blah blah blah

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 323I, 2003 320ci
    NA tuning cost more for less increase in power

you will get more power for your money from a turbo than you will from a supercharger or NA tuning

Member Array
    Car:
    1976 VW Kombi
    the civic will need to spend a bit of money just to keep up with a stock wrx, to keep up with a mod wrx, u would be spending much much more
    InTEGRA TYPE R

Member Array
    Car:
    a bicycle lol
    anythings possible but moneys not.

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    as stated above. a lot of it comes to driver skill, if you know your car well and know how to exploit it, and the other driver doesnt then you could come close with some breathing mods and aftermarket ecu

i was at wakefield last Monday and there was a stock wrx, probably an 02, and he couldnt get past me neither on the straights or on the bends, my car is stock bar injen intake, kings springs, and azenis rt215's

There was also an STI, and he would blow me away on the straight, but through the bends id catch up to within a carlength...

just gotta know how to drive your car i suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Zilli View Post
    as stated above. a lot of it comes to driver skill, if you know your car well and know how to exploit it, and the other driver doesnt then you could come close with some breathing mods and aftermarket ecu

i was at wakefield last Monday and there was a stock wrx, probably an 02, and he couldnt get past me neither on the straights or on the bends, my car is stock bar injen intake, kings springs, and azenis rt215's

There was also an STI, and he would blow me away on the straight, but through the bends id catch up to within a carlength...

just gotta know how to drive your car i suppose
    integras handle better than stock wrx's at wakie. I also kept up to wrx's at wakie. They would gain on straight, but I lose them in corners.
    blah blah blah

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    rex couldnt ga on the straight, if anyhting i was pulling away...

sti though, another story

interesting.
    well i was thinking about leaving my car as a b16a but getting some head work done.
    i was looking at some spec b cams and a set of 4-1 headers from toda and also a new computer.
    and have it tuned.
    just to get some more power out of the b16a....

any hints and tips on what to do for more power i have about 5g to spend

given that the only engine mod is a pod filter.

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    mate the B16a is an awesome motor with many mods available to make big horsepower....

im no expert though, but with you 5g, get a nice extractor and exhaust combo, get a cold air feed for that pod,get a aftermarket computer and tune it... you might have a little change from that money to get a flywheel

Honestly, with NA, to gain power, apart from the breathing mods, the only other option is to crack open your motor and go nuts...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic si (d16a8)
    increase displacement
    increase compression
    intake exhaust
    tune
    weight