Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK4, DC2R, EE3

Unhappy Vehicle Damage and Structural Repair Report

Hey Guys,

I am just being troubled at the moment with problem
    I have just sold my Honda Jazz Gli 2003 that i've owned just over 2 years

When i first bought the car I was told everything that needed to be told and what not
    everything has been fine since then and now I am selling the vehicle

I offered to supply a RWC as a courtesy of sale, as I bring my vehicle to the tester and after being tested
    I get told that the car has been hit before and that the repair has been done pretty poorly.
    I now need to complete a Vehicle Damage and Structural Repair Report that is signed by a 'Insurance Company recognised, smash damage repairer business'

First of all, I re-checked the first RWC of when I purchased the car and there was no such information on it stating that my car has any structural problems nor stating it has been hit before.

Secondly, I know nothing about doing such checks, so I'm asking if anyone would know and estimate on how much it will cost?
    Is it something big such as an eng cert or a minor check where a licensed mechanic just has a look through?

The car has already been sold and deposit has been taken so I'm in a stage where im deciding whether to let the car go anymore because of all the hassle and money that I may have to fork out

And wanting to know, if I am able to contact the previous tester and question them about this situation on how come this did not come up on the test in the first place

Sorry about the long post, and thanks in advance for the people who can contribute in helping me resolve this issue

Sam.
    MY EK4 CHET ROI
    BUT MY DC2R CAME
    ARRIVE ALIVE

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    have you tried taking it elsewhere?

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    +1 to the above. Take it to another workshop and hopefully they'll be more lenient/overlook the poorly repaired daamages.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by chinx_4eva View Post
    Hey Guys,

I am just being troubled at the moment with problem
    I have just sold my Honda Jazz Gli 2003 that i've owned just over 2 years

When i first bought the car I was told everything that needed to be told and what not
    everything has been fine since then and now I am selling the vehicle

I offered to supply a RWC as a courtesy of sale, as I bring my vehicle to the tester and after being tested
    I get told that the car has been hit before and that the repair has been done pretty poorly.
    I now need to complete a Vehicle Damage and Structural Repair Report that is signed by a 'Insurance Company recognised, smash damage repairer business'

First of all, I re-checked the first RWC of when I purchased the car and there was no such information on it stating that my car has any structural problems nor stating it has been hit before.

Secondly, I know nothing about doing such checks, so I'm asking if anyone would know and estimate on how much it will cost?
    Is it something big such as an eng cert or a minor check where a licensed mechanic just has a look through?

The car has already been sold and deposit has been taken so I'm in a stage where im deciding whether to let the car go anymore because of all the hassle and money that I may have to fork out

And wanting to know, if I am able to contact the previous tester and question them about this situation on how come this did not come up on the test in the first place

Sorry about the long post, and thanks in advance for the people who can contribute in helping me resolve this issue

Sam.
    if you still have copy of old rwc, go back to mechanic/workshop who signed it and ask for clarification?
    or go get another rwc from them maybe
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4, DC2R, EE3
    yea thats what im planning to do
    just take it back to the old workshop and get them to do a roadworthy with of course me bringing the old copy RWC, and just showing them how it was done then and I need another one because im selling
    in all hope things work out and they do a check and pass me

given that they don't pass me because of the structural damage thats when I guess ill ask for clarification
    MY EK4 CHET ROI
    BUT MY DC2R CAME
    ARRIVE ALIVE

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    if it was overlooked in the first place it will be your word against theirs. They will say the damage must have occurred after they inspected it and whilst you owned the vehicle.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    you can do a history check on the jazz and find out if insurance paid to fix the damage. Usually insurance offer lifetime guarantee on all repairs so if that's the case then you can get the insurance to pay for everything that you have to do to get RWC.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    When was the previous RWC carried out before the one that has just been done to begin with?

As some people are aware, September last year Vicrods brought out a whole list of new regulations that RWC centre's have to follow. One of them is Structural rigidity. It is a whole new section that was previously left in the "up to testers discretion" basket. All testers now need to sit a short course that outlines how to check & test for these things and what to look out for.

If you have any queries, I would be call R Kent & Sons (66-70 Renver Road, Clayton 3168 VIC, PH: 1300 11 KENT (5368)) as they do crash inspection & alignment reports for a small fee. After you have spoken to them, they will be able to advise you accordingly on which way you should go.

Also simply taking it somewhere else for a RWC test, hoping they will not notice the structural damage will not help in the long run. If the tester who has said it requires an engineers report has written an official fail for the car, when it comes time in the near future for Vicroads to audit him when he applies for new RWC books, Vicroads will log that your Jazz has been recommended for an engineers report and follow up on this to see:

1) the car has had such repairs carried out

2) if the car has been taken to another tester for RWC and if yes, has it failed or passed, then possibly take the car off the road after the car has been delivered to the new owner if the engineers certificate has not been presented and RWC was given out without structural repairs done, not to mention heavily fine & possibly strip the tester who passed the car without engineers report of their RWC license
    Last edited by stndrd; 29-03-2012 at 02:18 PM.
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4, DC2R, EE3
    thanks for the feedback everyone!

I will definately give R Kent & Sons a call, thanks for the contact details
    That new section added might've been the cause of all this mess

given the case, if I do bring the vehicle to another RoadWorthy centre and they do pass me, it would be entirely up to the new owner whether or not he finds out that the car has been hit before
    What im saying is, firstly I was completely unaware of the structual damages to the car in the first place so hence IF the RoadWorthy centre does pass me, all the future liabilities would lie on the tester is that correct?
    I know that sounds rat on me but, as stated I'm taking it back to the original tester who did the car when I first purchased and they were the ones who passed the car in the first place without notifying me of such fault in the car

hope it make sence
    MY EK4 CHET ROI
    BUT MY DC2R CAME
    ARRIVE ALIVE

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    You may be deemed as liable because you were informed and given an official fail stating that it needs an engineers report. Tread very carefully is all I can say
    Kermit EGK20A

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4, DC2R, EE3
    Is it possible for them to know that I have been to 2 Road Worthy centres to check the vehicle though?
    MY EK4 CHET ROI
    BUT MY DC2R CAME
    ARRIVE ALIVE

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Yes it is. What you need to think about is are you willing to sell a car that has been deemed structurally unsafe to an unsuspecting buyer?

As I stated earlier, all it takes is for Vicroads to audit the first tester (which happens everytime they apply for a new RWC book), see that they have failed your car for structural reasons requiring engineers certificate and they will launch an investigation to see if the car has been taken anywhere and passed a separate inspection and another location.

By shopping around for a RWC centre that will pass you, you are leaving yourself & the tester who passes you open to be held liable by Vicroads, which I have already outlined earlier
    Last edited by stndrd; 30-03-2012 at 11:24 PM.
    Kermit EGK20A