Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Write off?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 CTR
    Yep you can drive without any third party insurance, they should have it as a minimum i think though. Just like nightkids, I rather not get $5 a week repayments. Although Im assuming it wont be that low it will still be a hassle if your car is written off and its worth 30k. But thats why you have insurance so if some knob with none hits you then you have your insurance pay you out and let them chase them for the money.
    AKA: The Spaniard! +1 Rep me if you find my posts useful.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM EP3 View Post
    Actually no man it isnt. There is no such crap as CTP here in VIC.
    Actually there is, its just included in the cost of rego, not separate like nsw.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    ohh yea don't be like my mate. 25k car written off after some retard rear ended him at 60km/h

Both parties had no insu.

inb4 $10/wk for 20 years
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k, bb6
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM EP3 View Post
    Actually no man it isnt. There is no such crap as CTP here in VIC.
    That's wrong. There is ctp. U pay it as part of your registration every year. It's a few hundred dollars. Check ur rego renewal papers. It doesn't cover u but the other person or something.
    僕の名前はTony です。

I need a new car....lol

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 CTR
    Quote Originally Posted by drsilliez View Post
    That's wrong. There is ctp. U pay it as part of your registration every year. It's a few hundred dollars. Check ur rego renewal papers. It doesn't cover u but the other person or something.
    Im pretty sure thats for TAC. I could be wrong but, if you smash into someone I guarantee that wont cover their repairs and you will have to fork out for it.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Ctp in NSW and it's equivalent in other states only cover personal injury.

Optional is third party property, which covers other persons car, or if you take out a fence etc, and then you have third party fire and theft, covers all of the above and if you car gets burnt out or stolen.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    Ctp in NSW and it's equivalent in other states only cover personal injury.

Optional is third party property, which covers other persons car, or if you take out a fence etc, and then you have third party fire and theft, covers all of the above and if you car gets burnt out or stolen.
    in which the latter, it's not illegal to be without.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    CTP insurance doesn't cover you for shit as trism has said, only personal injury.

I agree with all the above posts, anyone without insurance shouldn't be driving...

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK/EP3R
    Reminds me - gotta pay insurance tomorrow; going full comp

Maybe op should do the same for his next car for that ease of mind
    lol u mad? get fkd m8
    no more mr nice guy, now i am kunt

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifter995 View Post
    To correct indie, no insurance at all is illegal... He would have third party. I doubt anybody is that stupid.
    "Correct" me? Everything I said was correct. Of course I'm aware that it is illegal or at least strongly inadvisable to drive uninsured, it's common knowledge. With the stupidity displayed on these forums, driving uninsured is a definite possibility.

In future, don't claim you're "correcting" people; it makes you seem either stupidly arrogant, or simply a social retard.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 CTR
    If it was a legal requirement to have insurance you would have the cops asking you to see your insurance papers.....

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    "Correct" me? Everything I said was correct. Of course I'm aware that it is illegal or at least strongly inadvisable to drive uninsured, it's common knowledge. With the stupidity displayed on these forums, driving uninsured is a definite possibility.

In future, don't claim you're "correcting" people; it makes you seem either stupidly arrogant, or simply a social retard.
    I was going to change it to 'to add to' or something else, but got rushed away from the computer -.-