Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM

Angry A Truck Hit My Car :( will it be written off?

hey guys sad day, is sad

yesterday afternoon a semi trailer truck didn't see that i had merged in front of him, and as he crept closer to the traffic lights he was pushing me into the car in front.

The damaged really isn't all that bad but i'm still terrified. but it is a genuine JDM integra Type R 96 spec.

what i know will need to be replaced/repaired rear bar, rear garnish, rear drivers side quater is slightly dented/creased. front bar, front grill maybe headlight not cracked or anything possible tab damage.

from what ive found on redbook, Aus delivered type R's are only worth 10k WTF? what would that make my market value worth?
    ill post pictures up later

Last edited by Alexplicit; 31-03-2012 at 08:17 AM.
    jdmEG5: Will u take 2 ounces of weed +$500 your way? I'm not kidding.

Speed is a matter of money... How fast can you AFFORD to go?

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexplicit View Post
    hey guys sad day, is sad

yesterday afternoon a semi trailer truck didn't see that i had merged in front of him, and as he crept closer to the traffic lights he was pushing me into the car in front.

The damaged really isn't all that bad but i'm still terrified. but it is a genuine JDM integra Type R 96 spec.

what i know will need to be replaced/repaired rear bar, rear garnish, rear drivers side quater is slightly dented/creased. front bar, front grill maybe headlight not cracked or anything possible tab damage.

from what ive found on redbook, Aus delivered type R's are only worth 10k WTF? what would that make my market value worth?
    ill post pictures up later
    Your itr is import and damage is quite bad. In saying that the trucks insurance should ask you roughly how much you believe your car to be worth and then they base it on that. Good luck

~King Of Spam~

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    and what should i say its worth? should i add the face that is extencively modified?

it has buddy club coilovers, buddy club camber arms, toda cam gears, JACKSON RACING SUPERCHARGER, hondata, toda flywheel, 440cc injectors, 2.5'' mandrel, toda headers, around 5k worth of audio, etc. does any of this matter? what should i say the car is worth?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    What is your car insured for? If all that gear is listed on your insurance then your agreed value is surely something you have decided on - if your insurance is at market value then you can kiss all that added value goodbye.

Judging by the daaged you have described i don't think it will be written off, but again it depends on what the car is insured for - market or agreed.
    OHSC

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Write off in VIC only needs to be damage to the value of about 40% of the car.

What's your agreed value?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    my car isnt comprehensively insured it simply is too expencive. for a 21 y/o driver, i know i should of had it insured but unfortunately thats how it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    OK, i'm gonna do a told you so/son i am disappoint thing here....

Comprehensive insurance too expensive? Yet you drive a highly modified imported car? This is madness dude.

Its gonna be a hell of a lot more expensive to buy a new car or buy this one back if they write it off...
    OHSC

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    i kno the thing with modifying this car is that you can do part by part and take as long as you like to modify such things, with insurance you pay the set amount or else your insurance is null and void, ive been playing with this car for 3 years now.

at the end of the day, yes your right.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Quote Originally Posted by senna View Post
    OK, i'm gonna do a told you so/son i am disappoint thing here....

Comprehensive insurance too expensive? Yet you drive a highly modified imported car? This is madness dude.

Its gonna be a hell of a lot more expensive to buy a new car or buy this one back if they write it off...
    Would you pay $3500 per year on full comp insurance on a car worth 10k ? Where as 3rd party fire and theft is $440
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    But as u see he was in an accident, it wasnt stolen or set on fire.
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Also wasn't his fault was it
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Write off in VIC only needs to be damage to the value of about 40% of the car.

What's your agreed value?
    Lol wtf!? So wrong info. It's 70-80% I'm in the trade...

~King Of Spam~