Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    please no domestics in the thread :P

still wondering what my car is worth ?

and how do i go about pressing that they fix my car, unfortunately im an easy person to push over, so i just need to know how to get the most out of whats happened, ultimately i would like the car fixed.
    jdmEG5: Will u take 2 ounces of weed +$500 your way? I'm not kidding.

Speed is a matter of money... How fast can you AFFORD to go?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexplicit View Post
    please no domestics in the thread :P

still wondering what my car is worth ?

and how do i go about pressing that they fix my car, unfortunately im an easy person to push over, so i just need to know how to get the most out of whats happened, ultimately i would like the car fixed.

Have you spoken to your insurance company? You said you have 3rd party, yes? Should be quite straightforward. Tell them you want it repaired.

Quote Originally Posted by chauster View Post
    Lol wtf!? So wrong info. It's 70-80% I'm in the trade...
    I doubt an insurance company would pay 80% of the value of a car in repairs rather than write it off, however if you're in the trade then I will take your word for it. Regardless, this is what my dad's insurance company told him when he gold hail damage - that the damage needed to be less than 40% of the insured value of the car otherwise they would write it off. Perhaps due to large amount of hail damage at the time?

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    Yep they cbf with all the claims. There wouldn't have been enough time to do them all if not for a low write off.

It's 70-80% a few of my friends became assessors yeah and they tell me the same.

~King Of Spam~

bad luck, i know the feel.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post
    Would you pay $3500 per year on full comp insurance on a car worth 10k ? Where as 3rd party fire and theft is $440
    If i had a car with that many mods, yes.

Or if i didn't, i would want to be prepared to say goodbye to the car...

You can't say "Oh i think its too much to insure my highly modified car that has comparitively zero market value" and then be worried about it or wonder why people think its silly.

The owner chooses to modifiy (or buy the car) to a high state. the owner chooses to accept that he or she will never get that money back.

As the general market sees it: Stock car is worth 10K - Highly modified car is worth......10K.

Sorry OP, i didn't mean to get so off track here. I don't think the car will be written off, just let the two insurance companies sort it out. You aren't at fault, express to them that it was no fault of your own that the vehicle now needs repairs, you didn't choose to have this done. You expect it to be repaired.
    OHSC

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    thanks heaps senna, means heaps

my other worry is, i have been told that they wont repair the front because i may have been to close to the car infront, however this is not the case, he rammed me at LEAST 2 - 3 metres.

thanks everyone everything is much appreciated.
    jdmEG5: Will u take 2 ounces of weed +$500 your way? I'm not kidding.

Speed is a matter of money... How fast can you AFFORD to go?

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla Spec S
    supercharged on ur Ps

i hope u got exemption to drive that

else insurance might be void

worse comes to worse, part out.

Quote Originally Posted by lilthug View Post
    supercharged on ur Ps

i hope u got exemption to drive that

else insurance might be void
    He's not at fault.
    His insurance doesn't do anything in a third party claim.
    Your thinking of full comp.
    If your driving a car that your not be, someone hits you, yet your not at fault, his insurance still must pay for the damages.
    Reverse the other way, if your at fault, then yes, your claim is void.

The truck hit him - He's not at fault (Like in most situations when a car is rear-ended)
    He's hit the car in front - Usually the driver who hits the other up the ass is at fault but in this scenario is different as the truck has possibly pushed him into the other car causing the damages, so i believe the truck is at fault for 2 claims.

OP - I don't think your car is written off, but it will be close.
    Last edited by WATAJK; 31-03-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    You are going to have to chase the truck's insurance company for the claim. Go get 3 quotes for repairs and send them to the truck's insurance company. They don't need to know the car's value. They need to know how much to repair. They can't write your car off since your car is not being insured by the truck's insurance company. Make sure your have the case number from the police for the accident.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    complain your arse off so taht it doesn't get written off.. or if it is written off, offer to buy the wreck back for a lot less?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla Spec S
    Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    He's not at fault.
    His insurance doesn't do anything in a third party claim.
    Your thinking of full comp.
    If your driving a car that your not be, someone hits you, yet your not at fault, his insurance still must pay for the damages.
    Reverse the other way, if your at fault, then yes, your claim is void.

The truck hit him - He's not at fault (Like in most situations when a car is rear-ended)
    He's hit the car in front - Usually the driver who hits the other up the ass is at fault but in this scenario is different as the truck has possibly pushed him into the other car causing the damages, so i believe the truck is at fault for 2 claims.

OP - I don't think your car is written off, but it will be close.

i was under the impression
    even tho his not at fault
    he would have to pay for everything out of pocket because his driving a car thats his not allowed to