Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    K20 DC2R
    soo...why did you merge inbetween a semi trailer and another car. dont you know how long it takes a truck to stop.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    I'm not an idiot mate, I was already at the traffic lights. He pulled up behind me, then began to hit me. He could not see me, his words were I thought I only saw one car stopped at the lights.
    jdmEG5: Will u take 2 ounces of weed +$500 your way? I'm not kidding.

Speed is a matter of money... How fast can you AFFORD to go?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Killa From Manila View Post
    soo...why did you merge inbetween a semi trailer and another car. dont you know how long it takes a truck to stop.
    not the time and place for this
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    this car will not be written off
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Very true... Especially if you then brake abruptly due to a red light.

OP, if you currently have your car, part it out now. Take all your parts off especially your super charger as this is a bit of a gray area ragarding your claim. No damage to the kit whole have been done during this accident so you can make some money back anyway.

For everyone who is bagging out the OP regarding not getting full insurance, pull your head out of your arse. First of all this accident was technically not his fault and therefore besides convenience reasons, comprehensive insurance is irrelevant. Secondly, both comprehensive and third party insurance would be void if the OP is not allowed to drive a supercharged or turbocharged car (OP can you confirm?).

Regardless, most people cannot comprehend spending upwards of $3000-4000 a year to insure a car worth less than $10,000-$12,000. In only 2 years the OP has almost paid the value of his car for 'insurance'. In this case, almost all but the worse accidents can be repaired using the $4000 premium the OP would have to pay for a years cover. Does this make sense to anyone?

OP, DW when I was the same age as you and was quoted $3,400 to insure a $4000 Integra VTi-R (market value)............ But some idiots out there think we should pay this amount. Worse case scenario, if I crash into someone 3rd party ($700) pays for their damage, and if my car is a total wreck I can go buy another car from the money I would have spent on full insurance.

Also, if our premiums are $4000, please don't talk about adding 'agreed value' on top of this... Then it would just get ridiculous... Everyone assesses the value of insurance vs their own position and while some people make very stupid decisions ($50,000-80,000 car, no insurance), in cases where the car has little value and full insurance is extremely high, it doesn't make sense. Especially when you're talking about your own money and not your mummy and daddy's.

Quote Originally Posted by androo View Post
    Very true... Especially if you then brake abruptly due to a red light.

OP, if you currently have your car, part it out now. Take all your parts off especially your super charger as this is a bit of a gray area ragarding your claim. No damage to the kit whole have been done during this accident so you can make some money back anyway.

For everyone who is bagging out the OP regarding not getting full insurance, pull your head out of your arse. First of all this accident was technically not his fault and therefore besides convenience reasons, comprehensive insurance is irrelevant. Secondly, both comprehensive and third party insurance would be void if the OP is not allowed to drive a supercharged or turbocharged car (OP can you confirm?).

Regardless, most people cannot comprehend spending upwards of $3000-4000 a year to insure a car worth less than $10,000-$12,000. In only 2 years the OP has almost paid the value of his car for 'insurance'. In this case, almost all but the worse accidents can be repaired using the $4000 premium the OP would have to pay for a years cover. Does this make sense to anyone?

OP, DW when I was the same age as you and was quoted $3,400 to insure a $4000 Integra VTi-R (market value)............ But some idiots out there think we should pay this amount. Worse case scenario, if I crash into someone 3rd party ($700) pays for their damage, and if my car is a total wreck I can go buy another car from the money I would have spent on full insurance.

Also, if our premiums are $4000, please don't talk about adding 'agreed value' on top of this... Then it would just get ridiculous... Everyone assesses the value of insurance vs their own position and while some people make very stupid decisions ($50,000-80,000 car, no insurance), in cases where the car has little value and full insurance is extremely high, it doesn't make sense. Especially when you're talking about your own money and not your mummy and daddy's.
    need to talk to you.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    @bludger ^^ ?? LOL

I unfortunately just moved into. Newcastle, and all my factory items are in dubbo so its quite a drive for me to get parts then uninstall then reinstall factory intake etc... And working a new full time job would be hard to juggle all these things around. I'm thinking maybe get the quotes and if they decide to write it off then worry about it. I'll probably install the b20 and take my entire setup out. Could I do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexplicit View Post
    @bludger ^^ ?? LOL

I unfortunately just moved into. Newcastle, and all my factory items are in dubbo so its quite a drive for me to get parts then uninstall then reinstall factory intake etc... And working a new full time job would be hard to juggle all these things around. I'm thinking maybe get the quotes and if they decide to write it off then worry about it. I'll probably install the b20 and take my entire setup out. Could I do this?
    the issue Androo's talking about is you not being covered @ all because you're not entitled to drive your car with the supposed modifications you have.

This.
    Not having a go at you OP but i drive trucks for work and i can't stand it when people go infront of me to gain one spot infront just to see how quick they can move up in line...
    What you must be aware of... A semi isn't going to stop for you always.

By the way, i just remembered, you better hope he didn't film you, most truckies now have camera's recording constantly whilst there driving to show stupid antics of other drivers and to show how they aren't at fault and that it's generally a driver who has cut them off.
    So if you are telling the truth which im assuming you are, you should be fine but if your pulling strings here, you'll get torn a massive new a-hole if he has caught what you've done on camera.

Hoping the best for you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    the issue Androo's talking about is you not being covered @ all because you're not entitled to drive your car with the supposed modifications you have.
    But if he's not at fault then a claim should be processed regardless because insurance companies (when third party and not at fault) will not look for things to void his insurance as he wasn't the one who caused the accident (assuming).
    They will be assessing to see at first if they can void the truckies insurance if he has an unroadworthy truck etc.

I do agree on the matter that if he has heavily modified his car, regardless, full comprehensive is a must.
    Each to there own, i originally didn't have full comprehensive in my first year of ownership of my DC5 but now have had it for 2 years.
    You do feel alot more comfortable driving.

Feel free to say other wise.
    Last edited by WATAJK; 31-03-2012 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    But if he's not at fault then a claim should be processed regardless because insurance companies (when third party and not at fault) will not look for things to void his insurance as he wasn't the one who caused the accident (assuming).
    mate.

WATAJK

if he's not following the law by driving a vehicle he's not meant to be, it's his fault regardless.

watajk

Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    mate.

WATAJK

if he's not following the law by driving a vehicle he's not meant to be, it's his fault regardless.

watajk

Your an absolute turd considering i only quoted and replied kindly.
    He's driving a vehicle he's not meant to be mate, yes, then again he never caused the accident.
    Details were exchanged, he won't have any problems with his own claim as he isn't fault.
    If he caused the accident then his insurance would be void because he's driving a vehicle he shouldn't be.

THE only way they would have voided him (regardless if at fault or not) was if the police were called and he was issued a penalty notice that said he was driving a car not within his limits.
    If the police were called and no notice was given then im sure this will be resolved with no problems towards OP provided he isn't at fault.

Don't like my answer to bad.
    You mad bro?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    If they can spot the kit then so be it. Factory intake car looks stock in engine bay