Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

Thread: gtstripes eg8 !

did you get done for ferio 3rd brake light??

Police never got me for that one.
    Green isn't an emergency color so is not illegal and if you have the Ferio ducktail brake light wired up then its alllll sweet

Member Array
    Car:
    93' Honda Civic
    yeah nah according to this dickwad it was, he was pointing at everything saying its illegal

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtstripes View Post
    yeah nah according to this dickwad it was, he was pointing at everything saying its illegal
    If you get around the pits ok maybe remove the light, it's probably better to be more subtle with external modifications if police see a green tail light as "LOOK I'M AN ILLEGALLY MODIFIED VEHICLE!!" haha.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    93' Honda Civic
    yeah haha so true tim. removing it when i find the motivation and selling it
    continuing
    still waiting on more crap to come through the mail, ill give it a month or 2, if nothing comes then updates will be continuing

Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic
    gtsripes how are those coilovers thinking of getting some what do you rate it?

Member Array
    Car:
    93' Honda Civic
    they are comfy, i like them alot.

only thing i hate about them: only have 2 locking collars so the lowest setting at the rear is very close to stock height.. unless you want to have spring loose and wobbley and lower. so to go lower you will need different springs, or extended topmounts, or helper springs (small springs that go ontop of your springs)

Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic
    are they the gab ss model?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtstripes View Post
    they are comfy, i like them alot.

only thing i hate about them: only have 2 locking collars so the lowest setting at the rear is very close to stock height.. unless you want to have spring loose and wobbley and lower. so to go lower you will need different springs, or extended topmounts, or helper springs (small springs that go ontop of your springs)
    moving the springbase lower to bring the ride height down will not make the springs sloppy.. you shouldn't notice much difference in spring response unless you have them squeezed really tight at the moment, which would be REALLY hard on the road.

before coilovers had the adjustable base that was how they adjusted the ride height. when you think about it, even if when you hold the coilover in your hands, if the spring looks longer, or is a little loose between the base and top, the spring will compress the same amount as before when it's under the cars weight, regardless.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    93' Honda Civic
    nah its GAB HA series

and tim, i have it set so the springs are snug and not moving, if i adjust the collars it will pretty much leave the spring flopping around,
    are you saying to bring it down and then let the weight of the car keep the springs in place?

Member Array
    Car:
    93' Honda Civic
    snug as in while the coilovers werent on the car yet and sitting on the ground infront of me*

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Yes you bring it down to lower the car and once the cars weight is on top it won't be a problem, just adjust the dampers accordingly. The spring will compress to a certain point under the cars weight and its the same either way. I'm doing my best to explain this in relatively simple terms but its difficult lol.
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015