Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: gtstripes eg8 !

Member Array
    Car:
    93' Honda Civic
    the chick i bought it off said it had a major service just before i bought it (she got it serviced every 6 months) so i was waiting to drive it around 90,000kms them swap the belt.. but it snapped when i hit 185,000km on the clock which is only about 50,000kms after its "major service".. so im guessing she didnt get the belt changed then lol....

even worse i was 5km on the syd side of marulan at 3am.. had a rough night and $700 later i had her back on my driveway hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Gtstripes View Post
    the chick i bought it off said it had a major service just before i bought it (she got it serviced every 6 months) so i was waiting to drive it around 90,000kms them swap the belt.. but it snapped when i hit 185,000km on the clock which is only about 50,000kms after its "major service".. so im guessing she didnt get the belt changed then lol....

even worse i was 5km on the syd side of marulan at 3am.. had a rough night and $700 later i had her back on my driveway hahaha
    either she was BS'ing or you drive way too hard.

Member Array
    Car:
    93' Honda Civic
    she was BSing. this car hasnt experienced going over 3.5k revs lol

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    she was BSing. this car hasnt experienced going over 3.5k revs lol
    I'm guessing she probably didnt have the timing belt service logged in the cars logbook, in which case yes she was most likely just saying anything lol. fkn bitches. :P
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

anyway, after this information and other information gathered over time, I conclude that timing belts should last 150k then blow.

hence the 100k 2/3 lifespan change interval.

all this considering normal driving without too much high rev and hard driving.

Member Array
    Car:
    93' Honda Civic
    yeah true, but im changing every 80k to be safe.

gathering bits and pieces to get this swap over and done with, going to be a straight swap (d15b7 to d15b7). going to be fun

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18C7
    thanx timmy! got GAB ha series coilovers (shit brand but comfortable for coilovers)
    GAB isnt shit dude , i rock GAB SS coilovers and by far one of the best on the market . better than most generic brands , ill be tracking them on these coils .
    " MY VTECC GOES BWAHHHHHHHH BAHHHHHHH BWA BWA BWAAHHHHHHH "

Member Array
    Car:
    93' Honda Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyybruh View Post
    GAB isnt shit dude , i rock GAB SS coilovers and by far one of the best on the market . better than most generic brands , ill be tracking them on these coils .
    i always looked at mine as shit due to being only $600, ill be keeping them due to being cumfy and abit giving better handling.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic
    When my d15 blew i swaped it for a d16a8 straight swap u can use same mounts wiring gear box etc just diff ecu. cost the same as a d15 but a bit more power

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Interesting stuff. Pretty good if it costs the same as d15, but I think the d15 is just to get the car moving until he can afford the b engine
    Last edited by Super-DA9; 05-04-2012 at 01:10 PM.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    93' Honda Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    Interesting stuff. Pretty good if it costs the same as d15, but I think the d15 is just to get the car moving until he can afford the b engine
    spot on, hopefully starting on the friday 13th ;D

was driving around in a mates Evo VI **** me dead theyre quick on their feet lol

Member Array
    Car:
    93' Honda Civic
    yesss not long now, starting the swap tomoz morning at 8