Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    Quote Originally Posted by Civ_97
    yeah thats a good point 7th gen. Does anyone know when we are gonna see a sedan though! im really itchin to see what they have planned for it
    cheers mate

it's just the mechanical engineer in me - when you deal with ADR's, crash worthiness, vehicle standards etc on a day-to-day basis then all this sort of stuff comes second nature

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    official press release from honda:

http://world.honda.com/news/2005/c050301.html

no mention of engine except for the 2.2 diesel - is this the same diesel in the diesel euro accord only available in europe?

any thoughts on drivetrain/engine options? someone mentioned K20A..........

to me, it would be logical to use a revised version of the current civic engines - D17A etc. maybe up the power and torque a bit or a small incr. in capacity

what was the point in developing a new series of engines for 7th gens then junk them for 8th gens? to me does not make any financial sense.........

unfortunately not a lot of people here will be happy with that prospect - not hi-performance, no K20A etc etc etc

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    report from cardesignnews.com:
    http://cardesignnews.com/autoshows/2...index.php#car4

interesting to note they call it a 'rice rocket' - what about all the 'JDM yo'/anti-rice freaks which seem to dominate on this forum here?

Honda Civic concept

Out goes the bread van, in comes the rice rocket! This is a concept car that shows the theme if not the sheet metal of the next generation European Civic, and it certainly breaks with its predecessor.

The design is conspicuously cab-forward with a notably shorter rear door than front door, accentuated by an even shorter rear window and a quarter-light ahead of the front door. This combines with a steeply diving body side crease, and an Alfaesque prominent front door handle and hidden rear door handle to give it a very strong sporty appeal.

The full width glazed front and rear lamp graphics, and an unusual bustle backed rear tailgate, are other unusual design features.

Exactly how this concept relates to the soon to be launched production Civic five door is hard to know, but whilst potentially losing some of the current car’s spaciousness might seen counter intuitive, the strongly dynamic flavour of the new design certainly would appeal as well as being a return to previous Civic’s sporting design orientation.
    Last edited by 7th Gen; 05-03-2005 at 10:23 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    it looks dead ugly x_x worse than any zombie =/

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    This will be the best looking Civic since the EG!
    Each to their own opinion on the looks of the thing.

But one thing's for sure... this thing is going to fly! It looks low, agile and stable. Wonder if there will be a AWD version in Japan. Could be a WRC contender? (Okay, so maybe I'm dreaming)

On thing about the looks... this is definitely an improvement. It's not the best looking car around, but designing the best looking car is impossible. I must say the clear rear panel looks pretty shocking. Don't like the way the indicator panels on the back stick out. But other than that, it looks pretty cool. I'm sure it will grow on me when I see it in person.

-Viv-

Member Array
    Car:
    135i & CBR
    looks strange but ok..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    94 EG Hatch B16A2
    stoped liking civic after the ek

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S
    thunbs up for the new civic

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    I like the accord Euro and DC5's new-school styling cues, but the new civic concepts look like fkn renaults !!!

the US Si Coupe looks OK, but the Orange UK civic is pure renault style ing on the grille and lights etc.. urghhh

that would look nice with and aggressive kit