Thread: Greetings

Member Array
    Car:
    Turbo City&EG8

Greetings

Hey there.
    Im from New Zealand and have been a long time member of NZHondas and Honda-Tech.
    Just recently found out about this site so thought I might as well join and follow whats happening across the ditch.

I drive a Honda City T2 Turbo as my project car.
    Has done a 13.2sec 1/4 mile on 21psi. Only problem with it is it kills turbos every 3-6 months but I plan to swap in a modern D series engine and turbo that and hopefully break 13sec.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cityt1.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	21584Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cityt12.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	21585

My daily hack is a EG8 which I got for free since it had been crashed in to a wall and the auto transmission and block were toast.
    I converted it to manual and used a D13 block with the factory D15b vtec head.
    Its not very powerful but still makes the same power as a factory d15b vtec but with the added bonus that im getting around 120ks out of 5L of fuel.
    Did a 15.1 sec 1/4 mile.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	civic1.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	21586Click image for larger version. 

Name:	civic2.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	21587
    The Wheel Wizard (͡๏̯͡๏)۶ Hondyno tuning

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Welcome dude,quirky cars you got there.

Why are the turbos blowing? Are you overspeeding a small turbo to that boost or its a larger turbo?

Member Array
    Car:
    Turbo City&EG8
    Yeah the turbo on the city is being way over rev'ed. There efficiency drops off at 18psi but the big front mount manages to keep the air cooler enough to keep making more power.
    And for the fact that the citys engine doesn't make any power over 4.9krpm means I cant go for a larger turbo with out getting too much lag.
    Which is the reason I want to swap in a D15b or D16y/z since then id have a lot more options for turbos and its very easy to get power out of them.
    The Wheel Wizard (͡๏̯͡๏)۶ Hondyno tuning