Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spacers

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1

Spacers

Helloooo

i have lowered my s2k and now in need of spacers. Can anyone link me to a good set?

thanksss

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    What size?

Just buy them off eBay.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    i dunno what size, just after reading many threads that if you lower your s2k you need to put spacers in?

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Drive shaft spacers, not wheel spacers, is what I think that you're thinking of.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    2 piece spacers, the Megan ones should work fine and are pretty cheap. eBay.

The main issue with buying cheap spacers is you get cheap bolts that can be undone/break by street driving. The only way to prevent it when buying the cheap Megan or even eXedium ones, is to buy different set of higher tensile bolts or use some loctite when you tighten the nuts/bolts.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by dlai5552 View Post
    The main issue with buying cheap spacers is you get cheap bolts that can be undone/break by street driving. The only way to prevent it when buying the cheap Megan or even eXedium ones, is to buy different set of higher tensile bolts or use some loctite when you tighten the nuts/bolts.
    LOL. If you do them to whatever torque specs they where engineered with. There not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by VeYzZii View Post
    LOL. If you do them to whatever torque specs they where engineered with. There not going anywhere.
    Ok. But I'm sure these guys or some of would of torqued it 'correctly' too. Better safe then sorry. (This was just a quick search too, theres a lot more cases)

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/8823...r-bolt-issues/
    http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/7422...shaft-spacers/ Post #10, another Australian
    http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/7438...shaft-spacers/

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    The reason I didn't recommend T1R spacers was because they are known to have been sold with bolts that weren't the right size and would vibrate loose with time. I vaguely remember reading that their newer kits have appropriate sized bolts, but I could be wrong.

No such issues with Megan from what I've seen - they come with the right sized bolts and should be fine so long as they're torqued to spec.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    so i can get some good/cheap spacers and then just go to a bolt shop n buy better bolts? i assume 2 piece is better as then i dont need to pull the shafts out to instal 1 piece?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I bought the T1Rs with the old fasteners. Turns out they are US sized 3/8" (9.5mm) nuts and bolts in 10mm holes. I got to measure them when I found nuts on my driveway after a couple of runs.

Replaced with the right 10mm hi-spec stuff and Nordlock washers and no problem.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MEGAN-RAC...item43aea97371

i put these on bout 6 months ago... corrected the shakes instantly and no issues or drama's whatsoever with installation.

-delivered 3 days after payment
    -correct size bolts and nuts and everything
    -took about 1 hour to intall them

even comes with a nice sticker to add your shopping list