Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EG5

EG5 Sunroof problem.

So here's the problem;

My sunroof was stuttering a bit every time I opened it so I thought I'd give it clean.

Since I didn't have the allen key hex bits, I didn't remove the glass and just cleaned as best I could, I managed to get 90% of the visible dirt and grime off, however after lubing up the sunroof with silicon spray, it stutters a bit worse than before ! I've also noticed that if the I slide the sunroof all the way back, then go to close the sunroof, it'll slide forward and reach the end and then just stop. It's like the sunroof thinks it has closed itself but it's actually still in the "tilt/pop up" position. I have to then slide it back a bit then close it again for it to shut fully.

I hope that explanation was understandable, just wondering if anyone has any insight on this?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EG5
    sorry moderators, wrong sub-forum, please close this thread and I'll repost in Civic (2000 and below) my apologies.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    I'm stuttering oh oh oh...
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE