Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15

Did not run the light. Flashed what's the go?

Hello gents,

First I did a search and secondly this is soley because I just want to know whats the go/ peoples experiences. Not out for no sympathy or bs.

Tonight I went for a quick drive. Was on the cumberland hwy cabramatta rd intersection and wanted to turn right down cabra rd from the bp there. There is a safety camera there. It was rainy and I mis judged my coming to a halt. Went over the first line but stopped way before the second line. The light was red to turn right but green for straight. As I stopped it flashed twice. I was prey much stationery.

Is that an offence? And what us the penalty?

probably get a ticket in the mail.

bad luck i guess.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    If you stopped before going into the intersection proper the second photo will show that, so you may be lucky here.
    OHSC

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5
    You should be safe, i hear that your rear wheels must pass the last line completely before it becomes an offense (someone correct me if im wrong). If you do get a fine, request a picture of the offense.
    My mate got done for running the yellow, yea stupid him, but when he requested a pic, it clearly showed his last wheel still on the last line. In this situation the car must pass the 3 lines completely before the camera goes off, its got something to do with the sensors on the road placed farther back from the lines, clearly the rta's ****up

He told me he sent them a letter stating this but in reply he got something technical about how the sensors are placed and how they work etc, but clearly he was in the safe as the rules state you must pass the last line, or so i was told.

That safety cam is a joke and i reckon its programed way earlier. Its constantly going off like every 10-15mins

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    probably get a ticket in the mail.

bad luck i guess.
    Im hoping not. But if I do it shouldn't bee the full penalty. I didn't even run the light. But then again alot of dumb stuff goes on with nsw roads.

Quote Originally Posted by senna View Post
    If you stopped before going into the intersection proper the second photo will show that, so you may be lucky here.
    hopefully whoever overseas the while thing realises that too.

Quote Originally Posted by duzy View Post
    You should be safe, i hear that your rear wheels must pass the last line completely before it becomes an offense (someone correct me if im wrong). If you do get a fine, request a picture of the offense.
    My mate got done for running the yellow, yea stupid him, but when he requested a pic, it clearly showed his last wheel still on the last line. In this situation the car must pass the 3 lines completely before the camera goes off, its got something to do with the sensors on the road placed farther back from the lines, clearly the rta's ****up

He told me he sent them a letter stating this but in reply he got something technical about how the sensors are placed and how they work etc, but clearly he was in the safe as the rules state you must pass the last line, or so i was told.

That safety cam is a joke and i reckon its programed way earlier. Its constantly going off like every 10-15mins
    So your mate had sufficient reasons for them to just drop it?

Thanks for,all input. Im waiting out for someone who's done the same thing to tell me whats, the go. Im going to xall them but it's,a public holiday.

Member Array
    Car:
    SEX 24/7
    DakDak.

Your safe mate.

Itll be someone else who may have caused the offence or the safety cam is doing a self test.

I have seen a safety cam once that kept flashing for no obvious reasons.

If u get a tix in the mail, just appeal it just like every1 else does.
    ------------------------------------------------
    EGK20A - CIVIC Sleeper stylez

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    First shot is to take a photo of your car triggering the sensor, second is to make sure car has actually moved through the intersection on red, if car has not changed positions between the first and second photos how do they prove you were actually running the light you car could have simply broke down at that very position and then lights turned red and snap snap, that don't mean you ran the red. When my mate for a fine for running a red they sent him 2 photos one of the car crossing the line and one of the car continuing though the intersection, that is how they prove you ran it. If car is stationary in the 2 photos they car prove you were running a light coz vehicle speed would be zero km/h
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Excuse my terrible iPhone auto correct but I think you get what I mean
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Quote Originally Posted by XB-16-AX View Post
    DakDak.

Your safe mate.

Itll be someone else who may have caused the offence or the safety cam is doing a self test.

I have seen a safety cam once that kept flashing for no obvious reasons.

If u get a tix in the mail, just appeal it just like every1 else does.
    Thanks for the advice, much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by EG52NV View Post
    Excuse my terrible iPhone auto correct but I think you get what I mean
    No worries man I get you, cheers. So the gist of it is if I do get booked it wont be for running the red light.
    So I think the worst is they make up something silly to pin me. As long as it wasnt for running the red cause I didnt.

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    I saw that flash! xD

Same thing happened to my uncle, but he got a ticket and appealed it and lost the appeal.

Just wait I guess.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Quote Originally Posted by tiksie View Post
    I saw that flash! xD

Same thing happened to my uncle, but he got a ticket and appealed it and lost the appeal.

Just wait I guess.
    Sweet you can be my witness in court. XD

Did your uncle get slapped with running a red light? Or was it under something else?

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    its at the descretion of the examining police officer when he reviews the photos
    the law states you have to stop before the line not over it
    you can interpret that law out yourself

in saying that most of the time you will get off on a technicality
    be real bad luck if they give you a fine