Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Civic

So you wanna buy an EP3?

Hey Guys,

My name is Joe and I made a mistake . . . I sold a fantastic Corolla Sportivo I had owned from new and put about $17k into in order to buy a new Mitsubishi Triton (In my defence, Im 33 and have 2 kids . . . lol).

So, fast forward 2 years and the Triton spends it's last night at my house tonight after being sold, and I was about to dive straight into buying another Sportivo, when I came across this healthy dose of goodness you call the EP3.

I've read all the buyers guides etc and Im pretty confident that I know what I want. I would dearly love to drive one before getting on a plane to head to Sydney to have a look at them (I live on the Sunshine Coast, north of Brisbane), so if anyone has one in Brisbane, or within a few hundred km's for that matter, I would love to catch up with you.

Otherwise, talk to me about the pro's and con's of these things? It will be my daily (20km round trip to work and back each day), but it will also be my weekend toy (we already have the family Camry), so I'm keen to get it going a little harder than the factory intended.

Any tips/help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

JC

SOUPP mate check out JohnO's thread

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ide-EP3-buyers!

If you have 2 kids wouldn't it be better to have 4 doors? Just sayin
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Civic
    I'm all over that thread like a fat kid on cake mate, thank you. Good guide.

No need for extra doors, we have a Camry as well that does all of the School drop off/pickup duties, I do it once in a blue moon, but given how rare it is for the kids to be in my car, Im sick of compromising for the sake of flipping seats forward every now and then.

Member Array
    Car:
    b18 ek
    beautiful cars to drive much more of a drivers car than a sportivo and much more refined all together and quicker

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    One con is that if some one hits your car all pannels are ex-japan
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    G6E turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by EG52NV View Post
    One con is that if some one hits your car all pannels are ex-japan
    no this not correct,wat about swindon uk? since they all make in there

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Civic
    I'm not too stressed about replacing panels and the like, I know Im going to have to pay through the a55 for insurance to make sure this isn't an issue, but given the difference in monthly cost compared to the triton, thats not a major concern.

I've already got some pretty serious stereo gear to put in it which has come out of the truck, so that side of things is sorted, I guess I just need to start having a look at some of the go fast/go round corners fast bits.

Thanks for your opinions guys, does anyone know of someone in South East QLD that has one of these that I can have a good look over?

+1 for John0`s thread. There are some other ones floating around on the UK forums.

If you have time you can read through my experience/build thread/log here: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-EP3R-acquired

I daily drive and track mine, pretty awesome car on the track and a fun daily drive. Easy to park and zero cop trouble, even with an aggressive wheel set up and loud exhaust. It is also quite roomy in the rear for a two door hatch.

Only thing i don`t like about it is the lack of room to work on stuff in the engine bay.

+1 for RPS.

Love zero cop attention.
    Can drive like a grandma or a nutcase and still get good k's out of the tank
    Sounds beautiful on full belt!
    Enough choice of mods

Cons..
    No back doors, but doesn't matter as you said.
    Front doors are HUUUGE. With a pretty forward seating position like me, it can be tricky getting out of tight spots haha.
    Engine Mounts, covered in the buyer's guide I believe. Easily sourced =)

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Civic
    So, it looks like I bought onna dem dere EeePeeFrees . . . watch this space.

Member Array
    Car:
    b18 ek
    congrats on the purchase how do you like it compared to the rolla?

Member Array
    Car:
    96" VTIR Civic
    who said i want to buy an ep3
    R.F.F.R