Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

[cl9] 20" Wheels, yeah? Nah? PICS?

Hey guys,
    After reading around for hours and hours ive sused all the pro's and cons of 20's or 19's going on my cl9
    I bought a charcoal lux a few weeks ago after taking my 180sx off the road and im going for a vip type style.
    i was searching for 19's to stay legal but i cant find anything i like, my preference is a chrome wheel.. what troubles will i run into that you guys have come across?

what offsets and sizes do you run?

SHOWW ME!

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    ERGOT-7
    only problem with 20s is the ride comfort id stick with 18 if i were you. plus potholes and etc could be a problem too, i broke my 18 once cause i didnt see a pothole cost me 220 to fix it up

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    19's or 20's are fine. I'ld assume that it's harder to find 20s in smaller width, as 8.5" +45 would be as wide as you want to go on the fronts without any guard work. Rears can take 9 +35 I think it was. Either way, keep some cash aside for suspension work, as it'll look like a 4wd if you don't lower it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    19's or 20's are fine. I'ld assume that it's harder to find 20s in smaller width, as 8.5" +45 would be as wide as you want to go on the fronts without any guard work. Rears can take 9 +35 I think it was. Either way, keep some cash aside for suspension work, as it'll look like a 4wd if you don't lower it.

what kind of camber is that with though?
    Ild rather not much camber and a flush fitment

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    I was talking stocked. Lowered, you'ld make do with a little lower offset becuase you'll have more camber. If your not after either, 9 +35 would be just flush. I have 8.5 +45 and their flush front, not so rear. Although I reckon 9 +45 would be flush rear.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    I was talking stocked. Lowered, you'ld make do with a little lower offset becuase you'll have more camber. If your not after either, 9 +35 would be just flush. I have 8.5 +45 and their flush front, not so rear. Although I reckon 9 +45 would be flush rear.
    thanks mate, so bacically i found a wheel with offset 8.5 with offsets from 18 to 45 so i can either run 45's all round but with a 16mm spacer on the back so i can still rotate wheels or go staggered and just have to get my tyres rotated =/
    both are illegal??

Member Array
    Car:
    00' AP1
    18x8.5 +35 offset and lowered will sit flush. Just to let yo
    No, they are perfectly legal.

Quote Originally Posted by 3RotaRX View Post
    18x8.5 +35 offset and lowered will sit flush. Just to let yo
    No, they are perfectly legal.
    Spacers are legal? I thought they weren't.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    From what I've been told, spacers aren't legal. Will upload pictures tonight of what 18x8.5 +45 look like. Reckon +35 would stick out.

Member Array
    Car:
    zenki CL9
    8.5j +45 is not flush for the euro if youre slapping on 225's.

i'm running 8.5j +38 with 225's at 2 finger gap height, fender lining just tucked under the guard and it barely rubs.. no guards rolled, and no extra camber. i think it is very close to flush, +35 would be perfect in my opinion and would need the front guards rolled.

for the rear, something around 9j + 35 would sit nice and flush with less than 1 degree of camber

EDIT: reference pic of 18x8.5j +38 fronts

for more info (with pics) browse the low offset wheels thread, rimtuck, tsxclub.. find a setup that you'd like, find what guard work would be needed to do, then find the wheels in sizes close to that, and make them fit!

have fun finding a nice set of 20's. id like to see more euros with 20's repping some nice wheel fitment for once
    Last edited by jzx_andy; 12-04-2012 at 05:02 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9

That's 18x8.5 +45. Your picture seems like the car has been lowered a bit. That and mine is the face lifted version although should be the same. Rears would be flush with +35 perhaps. That's with 225 tyres by the way. A bit of stretch which isn't to my liking.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by jzx_andy View Post
    8.5j +45 is not flush for the euro if youre slapping on 225's.

i'm running 8.5j +38 with 225's at 2 finger gap height, fender lining just tucked under the guard and it barely rubs.. no guards rolled, and no extra camber. i think it is very close to flush, +35 would be perfect in my opinion and would need the front guards rolled.

for the rear, something around 9j + 35 would sit nice and flush with less than 1 degree of camber

EDIT: reference pic of 18x8.5j +38 fronts

for more info (with pics) browse the low offset wheels thread, rimtuck, tsxclub.. find a setup that you'd like, find what guard work would be needed to do, then find the wheels in sizes close to that, and make them fit!

have fun finding a nice set of 20's. id like to see more euros with 20's repping some nice wheel fitment for once
    Stance|Works reppin`.... yeeeeeeeee