Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R

EK Power windows

Hey Ozhonda

Im about to buy a ek cxi, i know it dont have power windows or cup holders. To my knowledge.

I know the ek4 dash will fit straight....i think can someone confirm that for me. (for cup holders lol)

Also power windows, i dont want to go aftermarket shit rather keep it OEM, will the ek4 or em1 door pannel fit the cxi?

Thanks guys.

Regards Amant

PS: its a cxi 'sport' no idea what sport is for as well.

Account Disabled Array
    why don't you buy an ek4?

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    Yeh buddy. The doors will fit. But you can easily convert if you buy the parts and diy. Youll need the pwr window regulators, door harness, floor harness and also a pwr window relay. Then you can use the door trims with the switches. Itll take about 3-4 hrs to do if everything goes well. And for cupholders you dont need the whole ek4 dash lol. Just find oem cupholders and install to your dash. Much cheaper than whole dash.

Hope this helps
    team grade A

Banned Array
    Car:
    NondaRalliJuzz
    Yes if you want to keep it oem you can buy the doors from a gli and just need to work on the wiring... i had it for my ek previously which i didnt do as i had no time but its plug n play from what i heard..

all the best

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    The car isn't for me, I'm suspended for 1 year. It has to be an ek1 cos my missus cant drive manual. Oh i have tired to teach her.

Ty jajaja, whats a floor harrness? The reason i was thinking the dash cos it would have the power options relay? Plus cup holders lolol.

I really just thought i could get the doors interiors panel and plug in the power supply lmao, getting myself into alot more then expected.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK/EP3R
    floor harness = wires that run on the floor

everything is pretty much linked up to it e.g doors dash lights

will need to get EK4 or gli/vti door inserts, replace the armrest insert with OEM ek1 inserts so interior isn't mismatched (never really liked ek4 interior anyway. inb4 abuse) and then get the wiring all set, make sure its checked 100% im sure theres DIY's out there.

sport came with gay optional features like the mid wing and access bodykit.. same d16 yo
    lol u mad? get fkd m8
    no more mr nice guy, now i am kunt

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    plug and play
    power window motor bolt it into the door
    door harness plug it to what ever goes there
    floor harness goes from door jam to fuse box then along driver side to the back which plugs to the taillight harness behind the rear plastic and the fuel pump under the seat
    then from half way of the car the harness splits and goes under the driver seat to connect to the seat belt and hand brake light then keeps going to the passenger side and then to the door jam
    relay just plug into fuse box and done.

i know this because i did this the other week into my cxi. its plug and play any noob can do it i did not use any DIY as its pretty common sense..

cupholders you just buy the cupholder part and your done.

to op, just a heads up on oem/oem style cup holders. In my experience theyre very useless; can only fit small maccas cups in there and a can of coke will just fit in. Medium sized cups and larger wont fit due to the top of your cup hitting the control panel lol. IMO ek oem cupholders are form>function haha. Best thing to do if you'd like to actually use cupholders in your car is to relocate your head unit to the din space at the bottom (where the little storage box is) and put a single din cup holder where your head unit used to be

For example: (not on ek)
    team.gradeA

more smart. more safe. moreTEIN

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Decided to buy a newer car, too much troubles for little things. Even thou looked fun to do. I don't want my missus to drive around in a pre mordern car

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Decided to buy a newer car, too much troubles for little things. Even thou looked fun to do. I don't want my missus to drive around in a pre mordern car
    this is generally what ozhonda is about.

ask questions, get top answers.

disregard all advice and move on.