Dc2r: Flashed ECU

Hi all,

Apologies for my lack of knowledge, However I'm wondering if it's possible to flash a standard Dc2r ECU and if so, Is there any benifit in having this done? I've had a WRX previously that had its OEM ECU flashed by Pulse Racing that resulted in a handy power gain, However this can be expected for a forced induction car as opposed to a NA car. If anyone can share any thoughts/experience and if it would be cost effective, it would be appreciated.

Cheers people,

Mark.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    DC2R P73 ECU is OBDIIa and is not flashable, the MCU uses a ROM ( Read Only Memory ), no support for modofication either.

you will need to get a OBDI ECU that has been socketed and a Convertion harness to allow you to run a OBDI ECU

you can then run one of the many third party ECU Add-Ins such as Hondata, Neptune, Crome ect
    Last edited by ECU-MAN; 14-05-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    DC2R P73 ECU is OBDIIa and is not flashable, the MCU uses a ROM ( Read Only Memory ), no support for modofication either.

you will need to get a OBDI ECU that has been socketed and a Convertion harness to allow you to run a OBDI ECU

you can then run one of the many third party ECU Add-Ins suck as Hondata, Neptune, Crome ect
    Cheers mate.

Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post

you can then run one of the many third party ECU Add-Ins suck as Hondata, Neptune, Crome ect
    Exactly what i said in OPs previous thread:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...=1#post3379572
    Last edited by infurNOS; 14-05-2012 at 12:52 PM.
    EG

Quote Originally Posted by infurNOS View Post
    Exactly what i said in OPs previous thread:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...=1#post3379572
    Fair enough, My bad. The inference to my OTHER post has been duely noted, Touché.