Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R

Integra DC5 hot start problem...

Hi guys,

My DC5 seems to have a hot start problem. When the vehicle is starting from cold it starts first time, everytime, but when up to normal operating temperature, and then switched off for say 10-15 minutes. Then restarted, it won't fire up, unless my foot is flat out on the accelerator pedal. Only then will it chugs into life. I've carried out a quick OBD 2 testing and it looks to be fine... The only thing that looks abit iffy is the Air intake temp sensor, possibly 10C+ ambient temperature, could this be making it too lean to start when hot???

Has anyone else suffered from a similar thing? would you please enlighten me?

Cheers,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1203.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	205.6 KB 
ID:	21651Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1189.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	194.1 KB 
ID:	21650Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1204.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	206.4 KB 
ID:	21652Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1202.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	146.7 KB 
ID:	21653

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    I'm going to take a stab and say your TPS needs adjusting, ~750rpm or so, 8% TP doesn't quite sound right.

Member Array
    Car:
    GOLDWING FTW
    ive had the same problem with a dc5
    was the INTANK FPR not holding pressure causing vapour lock in the rail whist hot and stationary
    a quick check_ while the car is at idle and hot unplug the fuel pump and let the engine starve for fuel until it dies switch the IG off leave it for 10 to 15
    the plug the fuel pump back in turn the ig on and off a few times to prime the system then try to start if it starts and that process fixes the issue change the regulator
    dodgy engine james middle_name_james naughty_james noise thak_thak vibration
    View Tag Cloud

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R

dc5

Quote Originally Posted by SU-WOOP View Post
    ive had the same problem with a dc5
    was the INTANK FPR not holding pressure causing vapour lock in the rail whist hot and stationary
    a quick check_ while the car is at idle and hot unplug the fuel pump and let the engine starve for fuel until it dies switch the IG off leave it for 10 to 15
    the plug the fuel pump back in turn the ig on and off a few times to prime the system then try to start if it starts and that process fixes the issue change the regulator

Cheers mate,

Sorry for the late response, I've been on holiday... Yeah i did exactly as you said on 2 separate occasions and it seems too work.

Many thanks