Hey Guys,

I was hoping someone could drop some knowledge about powder coating specific areas on a 1-piece wheel.
I have Sprint Hart CP-Rs that I want to refurbish and I was hoping to powder coat just the face of the wheels while avoiding both the barrel and lip. I have done my research but so far I have found many who powder coat their rim face and keep the polished lip are those with 3-piece rims, which can be separated to the lip, face and barrel ie. BBS RS.

My understanding is that sandblasting off the existing paint down to bare metal will damage aluminum rims and affect their overall structural integrity. Chemically stripping the paint would be an option, which will also avoid removing the embossed/stamped letters that define a genuine set of sprint harts.
Can someone tell me if I am wrong? and if sandblasting will strip off the embossed/stamped letters?

I don't have a huge budget for the powder coating, I should be able to polish the lips my self, and if needed paint strip them.

Has anyone had any experiences with powder coating businesses in Sydney who can avoid the polished lips of the rims?

Thanks,
Richard