Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    0.5 camber max?!?!? doesnt sound right, Most camber kit allow for +/-3 degrees or so, much like my Hardrace camber kit, But from my experience -0.5 is a good enough on a DD, ATM im running around -1 at the front and -0.5 at rear, so far so good

thats true.... what one mechanic says another may say other wise... And also, what may work for one may not necessary work for another, IMO, find a balance between the two, looks and performace.

To OP theres not much point in goin all performance if looks, and by looks i mean how you feel about it looks, not others, is goin to be effected.... If u aint satisfied with it looks, than surely theres gotta be a compromise , It is ur car at the end of the day, and its not a race car so dont stress too much

-0.5 doesn't sound right to me either. maybe i'll just try to bring it to another shop and make sure they know about all the adjustable bits i have.
    well actually, i'm trying to get to as many trackdays as possible this year. the car has had its trouble over the past year and everything is coming good now so ready to put it back out.
    I guess all i was curious about was the recommendation to essentially raise it above stock height, would it be better? but yes i need to find a compromise and do some more reading to understand whats going on.
    Last edited by quang; 30-04-2012 at 08:39 PM.
    Green and Gold Ghetto EK4
    OEM Front Lip, Ghetto Special CAI, ASR Brace, ITR Rear Sway, N+ Coilovers, X-Force Headers and TL Muffler, Custom B Pipe, type-r rear lip, OEM visors

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    Read the entire thread my friend.

When you lower a street car excessively, suspension geometry is thrown out the window, instead of arms having equal movement both ways they are maxed out in one direction, roll centre is misaligned.

A race car is setup to be this low by moving, the suspension mount points to different positions than stock, and even include things like adjustable roll centres and sway bars on the fly.

Please research and know what you are talking about, as well as reading the entire thread before you come in and start questioning things.
    to drill down a little further, race cars are built from the ground up, but what about the everyday racer with his toyota or honda, i know there are bits of kit like roll centre adjusters etc. in general you still see those cars very low. e.g. jdmyards car is essentially a stock body isn't? i.e. no modification to the mounting positions
    Green and Gold Ghetto EK4
    OEM Front Lip, Ghetto Special CAI, ASR Brace, ITR Rear Sway, N+ Coilovers, X-Force Headers and TL Muffler, Custom B Pipe, type-r rear lip, OEM visors

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    I would stick with your current height and get the alignment sorted.

A lot of cars are released from the factory with less than perfect geometry. This is usually as a result of packaging and development constraints. It doesn't mean that its wrong, it just means that It's not 100% race car perfect.

If you really want to you could look into roll centre adjusters to get the lower arms back down on a better angle
    OHSC

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 + EG
    Also if your front camber arms aren't working well for you, I recommend hardrace arms!