Hybrid View

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Read the entire thread my friend.

When you lower a street car excessively, suspension geometry is thrown out the window, instead of arms having equal movement both ways they are maxed out in one direction, roll centre is misaligned.

A race car is setup to be this low by moving, the suspension mount points to different positions than stock, and even include things like adjustable roll centres and sway bars on the fly.

Please research and know what you are talking about, as well as reading the entire thread before you come in and start questioning things.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    Read the entire thread my friend.

When you lower a street car excessively, suspension geometry is thrown out the window, instead of arms having equal movement both ways they are maxed out in one direction, roll centre is misaligned.

A race car is setup to be this low by moving, the suspension mount points to different positions than stock, and even include things like adjustable roll centres and sway bars on the fly.

Please research and know what you are talking about, as well as reading the entire thread before you come in and start questioning things.
    to drill down a little further, race cars are built from the ground up, but what about the everyday racer with his toyota or honda, i know there are bits of kit like roll centre adjusters etc. in general you still see those cars very low. e.g. jdmyards car is essentially a stock body isn't? i.e. no modification to the mounting positions
    Green and Gold Ghetto EK4
    OEM Front Lip, Ghetto Special CAI, ASR Brace, ITR Rear Sway, N+ Coilovers, X-Force Headers and TL Muffler, Custom B Pipe, type-r rear lip, OEM visors