Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by XB-16-AX View Post
    As someone mentioned

The fusion active sub is perfect for space savers.

Plenty of bass and no need for seperate amps.

Can fit under seats or anywhere for your liking.

Fusion makes them dunno bout others.
    Have you tried the fusion model?

I've been looking at alpines which I'm keen on but they are real pricey in comparison to other brands. Pioneer and kicker look alright too. Not sure how to make a choice between them lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    SEX 24/7
    Quote Originally Posted by Azz86 View Post
    Have you tried the fusion model?

I've been looking at alpines which I'm keen on but they are real pricey in comparison to other brands. Pioneer and kicker look alright too. Not sure how to make a choice between them lol.
    yes i have - i borrowed a mates fusion active sub and worked like a treat.

but i like my bass loud and low 10-15hz - so ive got the top end fusion DVC running @ 1ohms 2500rms in my daily.
    ------------------------------------------------
    EGK20A - CIVIC Sleeper stylez

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Quote Originally Posted by Azz86 View Post
    You've tried this location?

That's what I was thinking. Alright for regular speakers but a sub would just have more power. Not sure I'm keen to put them in then realise they're not suitable.
    I've had speakers in that location and once amped, when the bass hit it would vibrate. Try as I might I couldn't find any of the rattles. Maybe if you find them and deaden them it should be OK. But I would go with NightKids and not mount them there...

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    bit of dynamat would stop the rattles, probably.

Also, I don't like the fusion brand... but if you wanted something for under seats, focal makes under seat subs, and they are meant to be pretty great for small subs...
    but yes... rear doors are doors... I don't see why they would be any different to front doors... bar a little less deadening... I imagine they'd work quite well, and if you wanted them to sound even better, cover up any service holes with mdf, dynamat the hell outta the door... should give you some nice bass... assuming it requires the same amount of space and stuff as a normal 6inch speaker...

But if you wanted the underseat option, those focals come in two different sizes, and are quite good (from what I've heard) so might wanna check them out, too.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by XB-16-AX View Post
    yes i have - i borrowed a mates fusion active sub and worked like a treat.

but i like my bass loud and low 10-15hz - so ive got the top end fusion DVC running @ 1ohms 2500rms in my daily.
    Nice. Glad to hear from someone who has used them. I'm not that keen on having a big system. Just something that will get the job done where this should be perfect. Sounds like you have a pretty intense system.

Quote Originally Posted by androo View Post
    I've had speakers in that location and once amped, when the bass hit it would vibrate. Try as I might I couldn't find any of the rattles. Maybe if you find them and deaden them it should be OK. But I would go with NightKids and not mount them there...
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifter995 View Post
    bit of dynamat would stop the rattles, probably.

Also, I don't like the fusion brand... but if you wanted something for under seats, focal makes under seat subs, and they are meant to be pretty great for small subs...
    but yes... rear doors are doors... I don't see why they would be any different to front doors... bar a little less deadening... I imagine they'd work quite well, and if you wanted them to sound even better, cover up any service holes with mdf, dynamat the hell outta the door... should give you some nice bass... assuming it requires the same amount of space and stuff as a normal 6inch speaker...

But if you wanted the underseat option, those focals come in two different sizes, and are quite good (from what I've heard) so might wanna check them out, too.
    Probably should of clarified. 2 door car so no door mounts, no lock mechanism, no window mechanisms so should be a little better than an actual door mount. Probably still not ideal though.

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Ah, well that's a bit different then... Dunno... never used a spot like that before, I've only ever had 4doors.

I upgraded the rear fill and amped it, put the bass up a bit and it was already vibrating and rattling. Couldn't imagine a 6 inch woofer in there!

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by NightKids View Post
    I upgraded the rear fill and amped it, put the bass up a bit and it was already vibrating and rattling. Couldn't imagine a 6 inch woofer in there!
    Oh really? I guess an EG would be pretty much the same as an EP. Think I've officially been convinced into getting a compact sub.

Thanks guys. Awesome.

Excellent! Let us know how it goes!

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 Type R
    Will do mate. Probably troll eBay for a while lol