Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I`ve got a Feel`s cat back, sounds great but is a bit on the loud side. I too would choose a mugen twin loop, its much quieter down low. I progressively upgraded my intake, from a drop in filter for the airbox, to a 3a racing filter in the stock airbox with a cai pipe, then changed to a custom SRI with the 3a pod and 2 cai pipes. I finally opted to buy a gruppe m. Which by far had the biggest gain and noise from all the intakes i`ve tried.

If your just after sound, any aftermarket muffler will do. I found the SRI good for noise and moderate gains in power, but it does get quite hot sitting directly open to the headers.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3TypeR
    Considering it is the Type R, the japs have made power gains from bolt ons very difficult. Yes you can get marginally better headers intake etc etc but I wont be wasting money on any more except for a new clutch/flywheel. Internally is where you get decent gains from the k20a. imo anyways but that said.. soooo many more dollars

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 EP3
    thanks for all the useful info.

I think im going towards Injen CAI + HKS hi-power. unless someone can point out its not a good setup.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    you won't regret with the Injen in terms of value. just stay away from water and you will be fine.

how much are you paying for the HKS? is it cat back or axle back?
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip Lee View Post
    word!!

i had Fujita CAI and Kakimoto mid pipe + Spoon Street muffler. if i get to do it again, i'd get Injen CAI + Mugen twin loop.
    I love the Spoon Street muffler though. I love the sound I haven't see another soul in Sydney that owns this

I have just got a mugen center pipe which I'll be replacing the kaki with. Soon I've have a mugen/spoon hybrid.

The resonator on the kaki had broken on me. Replaced it with a custom one but felt too loud for my liking. Although sounds nice when giving a good spirited run.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    hi Pete, nothing wrong with the Spoon Street and that's why i bought it. just that i like the sound of my fd's mugen twin loop slightly more.

so how did the resonator break on the kaki?
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3

The things inside slowly collapsed. Drove me nuts! So I had it cut and re welded with a cheapish custom resonator.
    Last edited by Poeter; 16-04-2012 at 05:02 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip Lee View Post
    you won't regret with the Injen in terms of value. just stay away from water and you will be fine.

how much are you paying for the HKS? is it cat back or axle back?
    I havent got the parts yet. Just taking a look where to order now

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3TypeR
    EBay. Cheapest

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    i too am looking for headers and exhaust for my ep3. i think ill be goign for the RM01A for exhaust.. but im still deciding on what kinda headers to go for..

maybe buddyclub?
    anybody care to help and throw me a few more headers i should maybe go for..

i got the gruppe M cai... sounds awesome.. but hella expensive tho :/

Kiddracing headers are pretty good for the price.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3TypeR
    Toda ftw