Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Itr

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC4 <-----She's Gone :(

Itr

Hey whats up yall?

I was talking to this guy the other day who recons a ITR is not worth it

now I recon thats bull, but he was saying that cause of the exaust ports that it loses power. I didnt know what he meant by this so Ive come to the knoledge base.
    By the way this guy drove a Vtir turbo'd with 134kw at the wheels.

So any suggestions on what is meant by this and is there any truth to it??

Hes jealous he wants a type r haah

But personally how can it not be worth it ? Recaro seats Upgraded suspension Pull more power than a VTIR and has a higher redline
    if that aint worth is i dunno

You would need to spend serious money on a VTIR suspension to get it up to par with a Type R

At the end of the day the Type-r will bust any Vti-r in standard trim.

Quote:
    Extensive modifications of the cylinder head were undertaken improve performance. This also involves hand-polishing of the intake and exhaust ports near the valve seat area. In addition to hand polishing the ports to improve flow, special lightweight intake valves are also fitted. These valves feature a thinner shaft to reduce weight and increase flow. The head of the valve is also lightened to further reduce valvetrain weight. These modifications net a 12 percent weight reduction of the intake valves, allowing the engine to rev higher. These lighter intake valves help extend the rpm range of the Type R engine by an additional 200 rpm.
    Hand-polished Intake and Exhaust Ports:
    • Intake and Exhaust Ports are hand-polished near the valve seat area to improve air flow
    • Originally only two of the best mechanics at Honda port and polished the manifolds by hand. At this time only 25 engines a day could be created. During the last several production years 5 mechanics have been working full time on port and polishing in order to increase production.

So your freind has 134 at the wheels hey? That's why he thinks the Type-r's are slow. They own in N/A form though. Tell your freind that I'll chew his vti-r in my vti-r anytime.

ITR is a great car out of the factory - it is a honda special.

tell your friend he is a knob.

Umm I think the bloke wants to know where the exhaust port thingy is true or not......so could someone explain please.

And on the topic of the itr sussy setup, would i be stupid to chuck on a pair of coilovers (say omnipower ones) since i want to go lower?

there is NOTHING wrong with the exhaust ports, lol!!!!
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Quote Originally Posted by qup70c

And on the topic of the itr sussy setup, would i be stupid to chuck on a pair of coilovers (say omnipower ones) since i want to go lower?
    well, i installed a set of Cusco Zero2 coil-overs on my 98 VTiR and beat nearly all the ITR's at a track day at Wakefield, with fully stock B18C2 engine with only a cat-back, rear sway bar and Toyo RA1's

so if you wanna upgrade your sussy, you should get properly adjustable (damper rate) ones while you are at it
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4 + ZXR250C
    i have a VTI-R myself if i have moe money for sure i would buy the ITR... damn bewdiful seats ...handling.. and the R stickers.... heuheuheuheuh ...im so jealous of my mate he has one.. n mine is shit all compared to him... i dun have the guts to run him... heheheh save the embarrasment...

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    he obviously doesn't appreciate the more finer things in the typeR then. Things such as the higher body rigidity, lighter weight and 16kW extra from engine tuning. All for the same price?!? Can't have too much respect for a person who's wacked a turbo on a VTEC. Defeats the purpose of VTEC.

And Tinks aren't RA1's semis?! In my experience, Tyres and Suspension are *by far* the most effective modifications you can do to a stock car for track work. If you exclude the driver that is. I learnt that was VERY much the case even for a 'straight' track like Calder. Considering similar driver, a semi slicked VTiR vs street tyred Type R, my money is on the semi slicks.

And Nice coilovers btw!

that's why i listed them as mods but i was not the only one there with semi's

some the other ITR's were running RSV01's, D01J's, DZ02G's and some were on high performance street tyres...

and i am not bragging, i am just really suprised at how good the stock DC2 chassis actually is.

i was running no 'real' strut braces, and had no other sussy mods besides a bigger rear sway bar.

i personally belive that Honda's 'modifications' to the DC2R chassis stiffness are negligible in effect, and that just leaves the seats and engine, well the seats are worth it, but if you can pick a pair up for $1500, then you are still in the low $20k mark after you put JDM coil-overs on and a set of type R brakes ($600)...

and as has been proven by slowvtec and otehr VTiR owners, with just a few modifications, yu can get type R beating performance with out turbo.

BUT you have to mod and mod and mod... so if you wnat performance out of the box - Type R is the way to go!!!

but if you love to mod - like me, then VTiR is best value for money...

(and just as an aside - a turbo NEVER defeats the purpose of VTEC!!!)
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    I miss my old DA9 :0(
    If any body knows it's sure to be Tinker! he aint never lie!
    ダットサン, Dattosan!
    My Daily driven Datto http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=11572

Quote Originally Posted by LO_N_SXC
    If any body knows it's sure to be Tinker! he aint never lie!
    careful!

most of my post was just my opinion!

but thanks for your support
    B20VTEC - since 2002