Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapdouchebag View Post
    hey mate, ive been considering purchasing this for a while now.
    can i ask, does it still work with the 6disc cd stacker? thats my main concern.
    and how is the disc read speed? is it possible if u suss from ur mate how long the headunit takes to switch between tracks? i find with audio players esp the cheap mp3 portables chinese make theres a nice lengthy delay between tracks
    Now I don't have one of these devices myself but I've replaced my OEM head unit with an aftermaket one.
    Installing this Aftermarkey / Ebay one does not work with the basic CD stacker as that CD stacker itself is part of the head unit as one massive piece of equipment haha. You will be removing the headunit which contains all the controls for the temperature, cd stacker and tuner (am / fm radio). Unless this new aftermarket headunit has a 6 CD Stacker like the OEM one then you won't have that function anymore (maybe it only has 1). But I don't use CD's anymore and prefer to use my HD or my friends prefer to use their iPods so there was never a loss of function for me ^^.

Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak
    ^ so pretty much ur generalising aftermarket headunits
    im asking specifically this unit which i doubt anyone has the answer to than 5th sin and his friend that has it installed.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i
    Well this unit is an aftermarket headunit...

I'm telling you unless you have the power spliced to BOTH the headunits (which most harnesses won't do) your cd changer won't work.

Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak
    This unit is an aftermarket headunit correct, but it is not a 'addon' like the single/double din ones in which renders the OEM headunit useless most people install in the cubby hole, therefore there is no splicing of power. this is the pure replacement.

i am assuming if the headunit can replace the climate controls too, and looking at the pictures some wiring does not require a harness eg. climate control buttons. so im asking will it connect the oem cd stacker like it connects the oem climate controls.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    What ming is saying is that the original headunit includes the stacker once removed the stacker is also removed and this device IM pretty sure only has one CD spot.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapdouchebag View Post
    This unit is an aftermarket headunit correct, but it is not a 'addon' like the single/double din ones in which renders the OEM headunit useless most people install in the cubby hole, therefore there is no splicing of power. this is the pure replacement.

i am assuming if the headunit can replace the climate controls too, and looking at the pictures some wiring does not require a harness eg. climate control buttons. so im asking will it connect the oem cd stacker like it connects the oem climate controls.
    Yes sorry your right, just realized I kept thinking about "add on aftermarket headunits not direct replacement".
    To start over again depending on what this aftermarket replacement one has.. is what you get (1 CD or 6 CD).
    Using an aftermarket one doesn't necessarily make the OEM one useless. (Just need to get the power source to it )
    You will not need any harness (well hopefully) as the plugs from the car should bolt right in...

Two green, 1 blue, 1 white and 1 brown (it's either 4 or 5 plugs) Can't remember xD

Quote Originally Posted by marquee View Post
    What ming is saying is that the original headunit includes the stacker once removed the stacker is also removed and this device IM pretty sure only has one CD spot.
    Thanks for decoding my rambling LOL