Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: B16a 103kw atw

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra
    With that much work done to it . I think you should of got a bit more with s300

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Civic EK4
    Next step.
    Shave head 50
    Port and polish
    Intake mani and throttle body
    Fuel reg
    Crower cams 403 stage 3 as I will have the comp for it
    STRUT Saturdays get on it

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Dude why waste your time and just go for a b18 or b20 bottom. Or are you just chasing dyno numbers ?

Member Array
    Car:
    jdm dc2 =)
    Just turbo it if you want more power

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Civic EK4
    Cause I want N A power and don't want to change bottom ends.

Member Array
    Car:
    k20 dc2
    if u dont want to change the bottom end or go forced induction, there really isnt much more u can do to get more power.

Account Disabled Array
    he wants that loud crossover.

Member Array
    I think it good that you are working on a 1.6ltr. The up to 1600cc is a very competitive class in most state for circuit racing. You have the 4age (both 16v and 20v), Suzuki swift, gemeni's, Mazda 323. Good on you.

I know you have a vtec motor and Honda's are very different but to give you an idea my Dad's Mk1 golf with a 16v 1.6ltr twin cam on ITB's etc makes 99kw's at the front wheels at 8200rpm. So I personally think your car is making good usable HP.

Keep us posted how you go with future mods, 1/4mile and track days.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Civic EK4
    I'm sure upping comp and bigger cams plus intake mods will give it some more power.
    It is what it is and i want to work with what I have.
    Next project will be a ep3r

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Civic EK4
    Thanks water boy

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    A few years back last time i was on a rolling drum type dyno my jdm b16 with i/h/e/spoon ecu only got 92kw but it was next to a dc2 vtir with i/h/e only made 90kw..

dyno's are just a tuning tool unless u have other cars to compare against but even then so many variables.i'd look at your base run before he tuned it and then the post-tune graphs. Mainly you want a linear torque curve with no dips or peaks and your power curve fairly linear to redline (depending on cams etc) before flattening out at your peak. Your cams should make peak power at 7000-8000rmp if you are running a larger than stock cat and high-flow header.

And lastly, the hp figures u see comming out of the us are always optimistic compared to aus, jpn, nz etc.. if they say their stock b16 is putting down 140hp on 92 ron fuel, u can be sure the same engine in aus on 98 will be 120whp... i dont know if they have smaller horses or different dyno calibration or what but thats the way it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Quote Originally Posted by VT3C View Post
    A few years back last time i was on a rolling drum type dyno my jdm b16 with i/h/e/spoon ecu only got 92kw but it was next to a dc2 vtir with i/h/e only made 90kw..

dyno's are just a tuning tool unless u have other cars to compare against but even then so many variables.i'd look at your base run before he tuned it and then the post-tune graphs. Mainly you want a linear torque curve with no dips or peaks and your power curve fairly linear to redline (depending on cams etc) before flattening out at your peak. Your cams should make peak power at 7000-8000rmp if you are running a larger than stock cat and high-flow header.

And lastly, the hp figures u see comming out of the us are always optimistic compared to aus, jpn, nz etc.. if they say their stock b16 is putting down 140hp on 92 ron fuel, u can be sure the same engine in aus on 98 will be 120whp... i dont know if they have smaller horses or different dyno calibration or what but thats the way it is.
    Ive got a b16a2 running CROME ecu mugen style intake headers exhaust tunnd to 92 kw at the wheels BY Bel Garage myself. It's ok considering the engine is stock.