Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: Which R?

Member Array
    Car:
    Gc subaru
    Lol at this thread favorite quote "my Dc2r wasn't far behind a worked Evo" haha
    Quote oh dear ****ing lawd. my d*ck did more than move. it jumped out of my pants, and tore the fly open....

Member Array
    Car:
    Gc subaru

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    why are you on this forum lol

i'd rather not smash my gearbox into first around a tight hairpin/autocross track
    Lol I joined this forum way before you existed on ozhomo world
    Quote oh dear ****ing lawd. my d*ck did more than move. it jumped out of my pants, and tore the fly open....

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Stock for stock the dc2r is a much better car then s15 for daily commute, driven both alot never owned either. Since I'm a honda fanboy, true story.... 4 years ago went to national park syd power run (he was driving i was recording) in my mates s2k which was N/A but not stock had its internals worked. We gave all the cars a run for their money even on the straights. Keep in mind he was racing s15, evo7, r33 and a 300zx all of which had money spent on as well. Some points it got to a point where I couldn't see the rest of the cars behind us. The word 'smash' into 1st gear is soo harsh. What sort of a gearbox you got there mate? All the cars i have owned or driven it slips in nice and smooth by using the right techniques (double clutch, rev match etc etc) , you can do this procedure gently and smooth. Of course I do understand it puts stress on the car. But hey you spent all that money modding your car, might as well enjoy her as much as you can before the next one comes along.

I guess being young and lacking the experience has to do alot on this forum aye

PS: Guys turbo lag is a thing of the past, get over it. Turbos these days spool up pretty fast. Google if you don't believe me.

And to 4age lol, why would you use 4age and not b16b as a user name? I do have great respect for 4age *only sliver and black tops* but again this is ozhonda lol. Yet to see a 4age eating any b16 on the road. My em1 munched an ae111 @ mooney mooney
    Last edited by amant02; 05-05-2012 at 11:49 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Stock for stock the dc2r is a much better car then s15 for daily commute, driven both alot never owned either. Since I'm a honda fanboy, true story.... 4 years ago went to national park syd power run (he was driving i was recording) in my mates s2k which was N/A but not stock had its internals worked. We gave all the cars a run for their money even on the straights. Keep in mind he was racing s15, evo7, r33 and a 300zx all of which had money spent on as well. Some points it got to a point where I couldn't see the rest of the cars behind us. The word 'smash' into 1st gear is soo harsh. What sort of a gearbox you got there mate? All the cars i have owned or driven it slips in nice and smooth by using the right techniques (double clutch, rev match etc etc) , you can do this procedure gently and smooth. Of course I do understand it puts stress on the car. But hey you spent all that money modding your car, might as well enjoy her as much as you can before the next one comes along.

I guess being young and lacking the experience has to do alot on this forum aye

PS: Guys turbo lag is a thing of the past, get over it. Turbos these days spool up pretty fast. Google if you don't believe me.

And to 4age lol, why would you use 4age and not b16b as a user name? I do have great respect for 4age *only sliver and black tops* but again this is ozhonda lol. Yet to see a 4age eating any b16 on the road. My em1 munched an ae111 @ mooney mooney
    Official car forum debate template:

I was driving my [INSERT FAVOURITE CAR] against [INSERT CARS I DON'T LIKE] which were driven by [INSERT MISC. FRIEND OR STRANGER]. I beat them by [INSERT ARBITRARY FIGURE] seconds a lap, even though my car only had [INSERT MINOR MODIFICATION] and theirs all had [INSERT HUGELY EXPENSIVE UPGRADES]. Bear in mind that I have driven all of these cars personally. Having read this, you will now believe that either a) the car I like is far superior to the others I mentioned, or b) I am an exceptionally good driver, much better than all of my mates. Either way, as long as you believe my vague story from [INSERT MISC. NO. OF YEARS] ago, I am a car expert and a fantastic driver. As you are all children, I expect you to look up to me now, like some kind of car god.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    that's not what i asked you
    Quote Originally Posted by 4age8u View Post
    Lol I joined this forum way before you existed on ozhomo world
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Don't know what all the hype is about S15 you see one every 5 minutes and they really aren't anything special in terms of power
    Oh and apologies in advanced to the autech S15 owners but the N/A S15 is a plain nugget that a b16 will probably be able to line up with easily.

Having owned both mildly modded DC2R and a 250kw S15 and a few other turbos i can honestly say the S15 is one of the lowest performing turbo cars
    Probably no S15 owners will ever admit it cause they love their SR20 so much but comparing a S15 to a DC2R isn't really a fair matchup - put the S15 against something in its own league (Evo/STI) and the results will be the same everytime sorry nissan fanboys.

All the silvia owner's will disagree here but at the end of the day AWD > RWD overall and don't say each to their own purposes because overall AWD is AWD not 2 rear-wheel spin drive.

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    wouldnt it be a better to compare a gtr with an evo/sti...
    I don't even know anymore.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by typerk20 View Post
    Don't know what all the hype is about S15 you see one every 5 minutes and they really aren't anything special in terms of power
    Oh and apologies in advanced to the autech S15 owners but the N/A S15 is a plain nugget that a b16 will probably be able to line up with easily.

Having owned both mildly modded DC2R and a 250kw S15 and a few other turbos i can honestly say the S15 is one of the lowest performing turbo cars
    Probably no S15 owners will ever admit it cause they love their SR20 so much but comparing a S15 to a DC2R isn't really a fair matchup - put the S15 against something in its own league (Evo/STI) and the results will be the same everytime sorry nissan fanboys.

All the silvia owner's will disagree here but at the end of the day AWD > RWD overall and don't say each to their own purposes because overall AWD is AWD not 2 rear-wheel spin drive.
    No, the S15 isn't in the same league as an Evo or Sti, the GT-R is. You say that it's unfair to compare the S15 with the DC2R, but then make a poor comparison yourself. Why would you compare the S15 with what are, or were, basically road-going rally cars? The S15 and Evo/Sti were never, ever in the same league. As you said yourself, AWD > RWD, so why would you consider it fair to compare the two? Just so much hypocrisy and stupidity in one post. It should be compared with an S2000, not a bloody Evo.

Of course the S15 was a lower-performance turbo. It was designed to slot in underneath the 350Z and GT-R, so it was hardly going to be a monster. It's a fairly light, moderately powerful RWD turbo, which can also be modded to very high levels of performance. It can compete in drift comps, or race series in which AWD is banned, tuned for grip or slip. It does all of this while being one of the best looking cars in its class. It's even pretty bloody reliable.

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    No, the S15 isn't in the same league as an Evo or Sti, the GT-R is. You say that it's unfair to compare the S15 with the DC2R, but then make a poor comparison yourself. Why would you compare the S15 with what are, or were, basically road-going rally cars? The S15 and Evo/Sti were never, ever in the same league. As you said yourself, AWD > RWD, so why would you consider it fair to compare the two? Just so much hypocrisy and stupidity in one post. It should be compared with an S2000, not a bloody Evo.

Of course the S15 was a lower-performance turbo. It was designed to slot in underneath the 350Z and GT-R, so it was hardly going to be a monster. It's a fairly light, moderately powerful RWD turbo, which can also be modded to very high levels of performance. It can compete in drift comps, or race series in which AWD is banned, tuned for grip or slip. It does all of this while being one of the best looking cars in its class. It's even pretty bloody reliable.
    i agry.
    I don't even know anymore.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Don't you just love trolling me Indie, Mr I know it all. I'm just adding my 2cents from experience. All your posts has so far came from what you have been advertised to aye mate. Im no 'car god' if that's the feeling your getting from me, ill take it as a compliment mate.

Do the dc2r vs s15 debate. The s15 feels alot more smaller inside. Talking about the cabin. I would prefer to sit in the back seat of the dc2r over the s15 as it offers more leg room. I do like how in the s15 equip is more modern and its slightly pointed towards the driver. The grip of the steering wheel also feels alot more firmer on the dc2r on top of things sr20 should just stick to the sss lol sliva's should've deserved a rb26 or something similar kinda let down from Nissan.

For me it would just come down type of license you hold, if your on your fulls go the turbo, P platers stick to your dc2r. Both cars give great performance from factory. For the amount of $$ it deliverers what its worth.

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Quote Originally Posted by typerk20 View Post

As much I am sick to death of hearing about and seeing s15's fluttering all over sydney credit is given when its due and the
    s15 Would be one of the bang for buck performance vehicles , with 200kw+ you would be in the high 12's to get that in simple boost and Bolt on upgrades . AWD is obviously better in terms of grip but it all depends on the application and driving preference , a Lightweight RWD turbo can be a lot of fun . In saying this .....

Now indie pls this is a Honda forum , it's getting to a point where every thread I open that you have replied to, is you boasting about the legendary s15 , in a negative tone belittling anyone who chooses the inferior fwd that is the R range .

Indie Pls

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I would love to see how the gt86 stacks up against the s15. I know the price difference is a fair bit. But them two car would be in the same category right? even thou the eight six isn't turbo'd correct me if Iam wrong here. From memory both are 2L RWD cars?

PS: I really got a feeling Indie checks ozhonda every few hours....sad sad kid. I have not seen a post where his actually helping or even 'trying' to help the thread starter. Just trolls the people who are here to help. 20 bucks says his gonna quote this or GSi's post.
    Last edited by amant02; 06-05-2012 at 02:32 AM.