Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Which R?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    I always was under the thought of, turbos required more fuel as it effect atomisation of the fuel, (more air = more fuel - thats what a turbo does right?)

Theres no way that guy is getting 550Km/60L from a WRX, shit my dads camry barely gets 600Kms in a full tank. And he hardly goes over 3200RPMS (nearly always around 2000-2500RPM mark) with a very light foot in an auto

Also buddy the way i see it,

A well kept WRX = 20g's+

A well kept eg chassis = 5k at most + k20 swap as you quoted 12g (another thing Im finding hard to believe) = 17k?

In conclusion I think, your one of the guys who keeps for googling for stuff and reading w/e comes on the 1st link then believes it. (something i used to do, before i actually got my license and a car if u get my drift)
    in that case

i'd own this

(not really)
    Last edited by curtis265; 20-05-2012 at 02:06 PM.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    b18 ek
    just random info guisee there are 4 jdm integra type r's on carsales in aus, 2 96 specs and 2 dc5's lol thought it would be hard enough to fine 1

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Whoa! whats been done to the satria?

Oh and ofcourse i would spend that extra 3k to buy a wrx if my disposalable income allowed it for me to maintain.
    Last edited by amant02; 20-05-2012 at 02:29 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Whoa! whats been done to the satria?

Oh and ofcourse i would spend that extra 3k to buy a wrx if my disposalable income allowed it for me to maintain.
    Satria been based on the Mirage/Lancer Chassis, im thinking it's got a lancer Evolution underpinnings and Evo engine.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Shitbox
    I always was under the thought of, turbos required more fuel as it effect atomisation of the fuel, (more air = more fuel - thats what a turbo does right?)

Theres no way that guy is getting 550Km/60L from a STI, shit my dads camry barely gets 600Kms in a full tank. And he hardly goes over 3200RPMS (nearly always around 2000-2500RPM mark) with a very light foot in an auto

A well kept WRX = 20g's+

but then again we are not talking about running costs are we? we are just talking about fuel economy if you get my drift too! I just need to upload a photo of my evo x mr doing 8.2l/100 k's today! i just couldnt figure out how to from my phone!

Also buddy the way i see it,

A well kept eg chassis = 5k at most + k20 swap as you quoted 12g (another thing Im finding hard to believe) = 17k?

maybe for the k20a swap maybe ask benson. just try to drop a pm so you have a clue on whats the latest quotes on k20a swaps. so you look like you have an idea somehow!

In conclusion I think, your one of the guys who keeps for googling for stuff and reading w/e comes on the 1st link then believes it. (something i used to do, before i actually got my license and a car if u get my drift)

well owning 2 turbo cars evo x mr / 2012 STI, dc5r and a Ce lancer and just put a deposit on a EG. I would think I have a clue on what im saying. maybe you dont? coming from someone who borrwed one / two and thrashed the shit of the borrowed ones thus making this conclusion.

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    Did someone say ek9?

~King Of Spam~

Quote Originally Posted by chauster View Post
    Did someone say ek9?
    I think EKVTiR-T did.

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Quote Originally Posted by jahniel24 View Post
    well owning 2 turbo cars evo x mr / 2012 STI, dc5r and a Ce lancer and just put a deposit on a EG. I would think I have a clue on what im saying. maybe you dont? coming from someone who borrwed one / two and thrashed the shit of the borrowed ones thus making this conclusion.
    pics or it didnt happen

Member Array
    Car:
    Gc subaru
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecivic78 View Post
    It is nowhere near as strong as a dogbox

Ask most people who run alot of power on thier Wrx with stock 5speed 90% they will opt for a 6speed out of an sti..there's a reason for that

But yes, stock turbo cars can be just as economical as B/K series if driven modestly

rubbish - put your foot down on any WRX and it will do up to 20l/100km
    I drive my Wrx everyday to work and back I'm sure I didn't just make that up
    Quote oh dear ****ing lawd. my d*ck did more than move. it jumped out of my pants, and tore the fly open....

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    he was implying that the 20L/100km figure would be applicable if you drove with your foot down for an extended period of time

something which you wouldn't do on your daily commute
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    he was implying that the 20L/100km figure would be applicable if you drove with your foot down for an extended period of time

something which you wouldn't do on your daily commute

Quote Originally Posted by 4age8u View Post
    I drive my Wrx everyday to work and back I'm sure I didn't just make that up

FYI, I own a dead stock, genuine 63K Km, unmolested 01 Rex.

When I first got it I wound it out quite a bit (many red line shifts etc... but not as hoony as u might think) and on my first fuel up I (shockingly) got 17l/100km. I reckon if you are brutal, then 20L/100km is achievable. A modded/boosted one could get even worse economy if thrashed

Now that Ive adjusted to driving the car I get good economy, about 10l/100km around town, usually shifting at 3k rpm. Enough to get a bit of boost (it starts spooling in the low 2000 rpm range)
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    K i have done my research on K20 'A' (called a few places today) Cheapest quote i got for it to be dropped into my eg $12480 with kpro
    Price Break down:
    K20 'A' - $7000
    K Pro - $1500
    Plumbing/Wiring/Mounts/Axles/Fuel/Another parts needed - $3280
    Labour - free DIY backyard job.
    Tune at JEM (Just engine Management) quoted atleast $700 (they said it could go up)

This is not even including other things that i would like to get done ... I/H/E, engineers cert, change in insurance, service the block, new clutch, fix any wear and tear before its dropped in, etc etc. Pretty sure the price you got quoted wasn't a k20 'A' or if it was, some other gear box was used? Some where the quality of parts used dropped... not saying BYP cant build motors pretty sure they are gun at it, shit i was considering building my b18c wit them. I just can't accept its 12k complete for it to be dropped in my eg.

Could it be a k20a3? k20a2? or maybe its an auto engine with a manual gearbox attached to it (does have its benefits)

Oh and I didn't trash it at all .... i dont have my fulls yet mate. Did not want to attract more attention then I was already getting.

You really own them cars? Or they are your dads? and you only own the CE?
    Last edited by amant02; 25-05-2012 at 07:55 PM. Reason: More info