Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    B20 DA9 INTEGRA
    What do you think of this http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...07-civic-sport

the last post that has a youtube clip. With a simota intake for the 2.0 , 2007 civic.. That sounds pretty nice, Anyone know how much these are and if there any good.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    i think it'd be pretty decent, but that's a k20 not a r20. I think R18 intakes may fit
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    B20 DA9 INTEGRA
    Really, So the 07 civics are K20?
    It would have a pretty close sound yeh?

If I can get that and a Tune to gain maybe 15-25 KW i think it would be pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    i think it'd be pretty decent, but that's a k20 not a r20. I think R18 intakes may fit

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by vtegra View Post

If I can get that and a Tune to gain maybe 15-25 KW i think it would be pretty cool
    Not exactly....

the 8th gen civic (previous gen) had K20 for the civic SPORTS, the rest of the range got R18a. it sound NOTHING like a K-series (DOHC vs SOHC)

I still doubt you could get another 25kw out of that R20 in there.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Quote Originally Posted by vtegra View Post

Do you ****en know anything?! A K20 2007 civic sport is essentially a detuned civic type r engine your R20 is nothing like it!!!
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    It's like comparing a jazz to a NSX and saying well they're both built by Honda how do I make my jazz sound like an NSX
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by EG52NV View Post
    It's like comparing a jazz to a NSX and saying well they're both built by Honda how do I make my jazz sound like an NSX
    No,not really. His comparison are both inline 4,your example is a v6 and inline 4

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    No,not really. His comparison are both inline 4,your example is a v6 and inline 4
    No not really his comparison was more that both civics have a 2L engine therefore they must make the same noise with an aftermarket intake... I was simply giving an exaggerated example of another ridiculous comparison So STFU
    Last edited by EG52NV; 21-04-2012 at 12:34 AM.
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Focus XR5 Turbo
    Didn't the K20 in the previous generation Civic Sport use a different DOHC head to a Type R K20?? I assume that would be one reason for the power different between the engines (plus different compression ratios).

Given that the current generation Civic comes with the K24 perhaps people will be doing an engine conversion in future . . . .

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    K series i-VTEC engines have eco models and performance models as well. I belive the engine in the 8th Gen sport is the Econ version. Eco versions do not have that VTEC kick.
    Old man that drives slow cars

Member Array
    Car:
    B20 DA9 INTEGRA
    Ok .....

vtegra

Just listen to my initial advice in this thread - put a intake on your car and enjoy a nicer intake noise. There wont be a obvious cross over noise....but it will sound nicer and deeper.