GE Transmission Fluid Query

As the title states, I am replacing the transmission fluid on my Honda Jazz VTI-S (GE) model, it is the automatic transmission. Having come from a GD model jazz and being forced to use the Honda CVT fluid I was just wondering if this is still the case, or are there better aftermarket fluids available?

What are other people using. Greatly appreciated.

Just thought I would bump this up again, don't want to buy honda fluid if there is something better/cheaper.

Would love a concrete answer also!!
    Definitely in older honda's, in manuals they stated dexron 2 was ok..then they started saying dexron 3 was ok- temporarily!
    Maybe a dexron 3 with conditioner or additive?
    how much is the honda stuff in oz anyway?

in states its dirt cheap, DW-1, (replaces Honda ATFZ1) 4 ltrs for $25!! plus 8 bucks shipping.
    Man we get screwed with the Oz tax.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...d_i=B001IWL1O8
    Last edited by Nixon; 05-05-2012 at 04:14 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    If it's Honda CVT transmission. DO NOT USE ATF-Z1 or ATF-DW1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
    Would love a concrete answer also!!
    Definitely in older honda's, in manuals they stated dexron 2 was ok..then they started saying dexron 3 was ok- temporarily!
    Maybe a dexron 3 with conditioner or additive?
    how much is the honda stuff in oz anyway?

in states its dirt cheap, DW-1, (replaces Honda ATFZ1) 4 ltrs for $25!! plus 8 bucks shipping.
    Man we get screwed with the Oz tax.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...d_i=B001IWL1O8
    we dont get screwed on tax, it's honda australia profiteering.
    ATF-DW1 is a synthetic-based fluid instead of the mineral ATF-Z1
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Use ONLY Honda cvt fluid ( the latest release).

Anything else will give a questionable result and likely destroy your CVT and not be covered.

PS I have flushed my cvt jazz twice with Honda cvt fluid - typical shuddering disappeared and has been fine for the last 30,000kms. I believe you should drain and refill with new fluid every 40,000kms?!
    he's talking about a standard ( non-cvt) transmission...

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    If it's Honda CVT transmission. DO NOT USE ATF-Z1 or ATF-DW1.

we dont get screwed on tax, it's honda australia profiteering.
    ATF-DW1 is a synthetic-based fluid instead of the mineral ATF-Z1
    hehe, yeah thats what i mean!! companies in Oz charge extra just because we're in oz!!!

Hi guys, thanks for getting back to this. I ended up doing my own private research and with the GE models, being a standard 5AT transmission, any fluid can be used, but for the sake of an extra $10 bucks, (if you take your own fluid to a non-honda mechanic) you may as-well just use the Honda fluid. Also make sure you ring around your different Honda dealerships for servicing prices, got 3 completely different quotes!

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy_74 View Post
    Hi guys, thanks for getting back to this. I ended up doing my own private research and with the GE models, being a standard 5AT transmission, any fluid can be used, but for the sake of an extra $10 bucks, (if you take your own fluid to a non-honda mechanic) you may as-well just use the Honda fluid. Also make sure you ring around your different Honda dealerships for servicing prices, got 3 completely different quotes!
    Honda's new synthetic based ATF-DW1 is here. approx $70 for a 4L bottle, ok value i guess...
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
    he's talking about a standard ( non-cvt) transmission...
    sorry exactly right. I misread and mis-posted....

in that case please use only honda mtf 06