Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

s2k quarter mile run

hi everyone.

last nite i ran my stock s2k down the quarter for the first time.
    managed to fit in 4 runs:

1st run: 15.24
    2nd run: 15.54
    3rd run: 15.04
    4th run: 14.69 @ 153kph/95mph

did honda ever release official figures for s2k quarter mile?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+K20A2 = 12.79sec
    I did 14.105 @100 mph at calder park ....mods air filter and custom catback.....
    i think official figure is 14.5 ..... in japan BMI did 14.1 stock

u should change ur avatar pic..

thats a big difference between the first 3 runs and the 4th..
    what did u do?

Just wondering, they're pretty similar times to a ITR right? I was under the impression that an s2k was a rocket

Quote Originally Posted by qup70c
    Just wondering, they're pretty similar times to a ITR right? I was under the impression that an s2k was a rocket
    and i was under the impression that an ITR could run consistent low-mid 14's and if youve worked your car high 13's. But yeh i also would of thought S2K had a bit more in it.

ok i dont claim to be the best driver, ive only had the s2k for a month or so and only launched it hard maybe once or twice cos ive heard many stories about RIP diffs and new ones costing thousands

anyways, brief summary as to wat i did/wat happened on each run:

1st run, launched at average rpms (maybe just under 7k) had a lil wheelspin, gripped then revs dropped below vtec (i f**ked up 1st/2nd change on this run, crunched a lil)

2nd launch, not enough throttle, let out clutch, revs dropped heaps, then took 'ages' to eventually hit redline

3rd launch pretty much same deal as 1st except i did perfect flat shift gear changes

4th run, i made sure the tyres got a lil damp, launched harder maybe 7.5k, a fair bit of wheelspin but i dont think revs dropped outta vtec at all (above 6k)

basically wat i noticed that nite is that the s2k in stock form doesnt have enough torque to combat the LSD/clutch/tyres and instead of spinning or riding clutch, the engine just bogs down.

next time i go i might consider launching at maybe 8000+ and see wat happens

Member Array
    Car:
    1991 Integra LS
    Quote Originally Posted by qup70c
    It is a rocket, don't let those times fool you. hondaboy, no offence, those first 3 runs were shit. If it's your first time then its aight though...

7500rpm launch.. dude i think that's a bit high. you will end up breaking something.

i recommend a 6000rpm launch. much better

Quote Originally Posted by one more chance
    u should change ur avatar pic..
    done

Quote Originally Posted by DaPlaya
    It is a rocket, don't let those times fool you. hondaboy, no offence, those first 3 runs were shit. If it's your first time then its aight though...
    i wouldnt go as far as calling them rockets, they dont exactly drop down sub 13 quarters

yes those runs were shit man, even my last run wasnt anything special.
    as i said ive only had the car for 4 weeks, havnt had much opportunity to f**k around with it.